The National Three Peaks Challenge
Guided and Fully Supported Events
Climb the 3 Highest Peaks in England, Scotland & Wales in 24-Hours
Climbing the highest peaks of England, Wales and Scotland in a 24-hour period. This adventure has 2926 metres of climbing (nearly 10,000 feet!) and a total walking distance of 36km (22 miles). The peaks are: England – Scafell Pike 978m, Wales – Mt. Snowdon 1085m, and Scotland – Ben Nevis 1344m
Have you ever dreamed of climbing the UK’s highest peaks? How ‘bout in one exhilarating and challenging day? If so, let’s do it!
At a Glance
- Flexible itineraries, customised to your requirements
- Start any day of the week
- Any date you like (see below)
- Large, comfortable vehicles
- Age 10+ on private guided trips (no upper age limit)
- Fitness plan and information pack included
Suggested 24-Hour Itinerary
- 10:00: Pick up anywhere between Manchester and Fort William. Evening team briefing.
- 09:00: Start Ben Nevis climb (4-5 hours)
- 14:00: Drive to Wasdale (7-hrs with stop for food)
- 21:00: Start Scafell Pike climb (3-4-hrs)
- 01:00: Drive to Pen-Y-Pass (5-hrs with stop for food)
- 06:00: Start Snowdon climb (3-hrs)
- 09:00: Return to Manchester dropping people off en-route
- Timings can change due to fitness, weather or traffic
- You need to be fit
- Lots of walking over steep, uneven terrain
- No mountaineering experience required
- Minimum of 13-hours hiking with very little sleep!
- Equipment required – see the Kit List
- Transport from Manchester to Fort William or anywhere in-between
- Drivers complying with British driving laws
- Private, spacious transport between the 3 Peaks
- Drop offs between Llanberis & Manchester afterwards
- One night twin share hotel room with breakfast, single rooms available for a supplement
- Completion certificate to prove you did it!
- 24-hrs operations centre to help you deal with any issues
Where to Meet
If you are based in the South of the UK we recommend you fly to Glasgow International Airport and then catch the return train from Manchester. This saves you a lot of time in the vehicle. Our vehicle does a round trip from Manchester or Ripon, so we can pick you up from either Manchester, Ripon or anywhere between there and the start of the challenge in Fort William. We will also drop you off anywhere between Snowdonia and either Manchester or Ripon on the way back. The best thing to do is contact us and let us know your requirements and we can talk this through.
We offer the National 3 Peaks Challenge as a private event for you and your group on any date you like. We recommend you do this challenge between June to September. From October to May we might encounter heavy snow and violent winds. We can still run the trip for you but you will need to be prepared to have ice axe and crampons and be ready for an even tougher time! Contact us for details.
|Number of People||Price Per Person||Book Now|
What About Our Impact?
- We adhere to the National 3 Peaks Code of Conduct
- We will not be in residential areas late at night
- We make a swift departure from vehicles into the hills
- We keep water in the vehicle so we’re self-sufficient
- We keep noise to a minimum when in residential areas
- We will always pack out what we pack in
- We support local business, purchasing food etc.
- See our Responsible Tourism Policy
National 3 Peaks for Charity?
Many people walk the National 3 Peaks to raise money for charity. If this is your plan, we’ll be with you all the way! Most charities have sponsorship packs that will help support you – including offering a sponsorship form to track fundraising. If you don’t receive this, Lost Earth Adventures can send you one of our generic forms. We also have lots of ideas for fundraising and planning charity events.