The National Three Peaks Challenge
The UK’s Biggest Mountain Challenge!
Climb the 3 Highest Peaks in England, Scotland & Wales in 24-Hours
What is the National 3 Peaks Challenge?
Climbing the highest peaks of England, Wales and Scotland in a 24-hour period. This adventure has 2926 metres of climbing (nearly 10,000 feet!) and a total walking distance of 36km (22 miles).
What are the 3 Peaks?
England – Scafell Pike 978m, Wales – Mt. Snowdon 1085m, and Scotland – Ben Nevis 1344m
Have you ever dreamed of climbing the UK’s highest peaks? How ‘bout in one exhilarating and challenging day? If so, let’s do it!
At a Glance
- Flexible itineraries, customised to your requirements
- Start any day of the week
- Any date you like (see below)
- Large, comfortable vehicles
- Age 14+ (no upper age limit)
- Fitness plan and information pack included
Suggested 24-Hour Itinerary
- Day 1 – 10:00: Pick up anywhere between Manchester and Fort William. Evening team briefing.
- Day 2 – 09:00: Start Ben Nevis climb (4-5 hours)
- 14:00: Drive to Wasdale (7-hrs with stop for food)
- 21:00: Start Scafell Pike climb (3-4-hrs)
- 01:00: Drive to Pen-Y-Pass (5-hrs with stop for food)
- Day 3 – 06:00: Start Snowdon climb (3-hrs)
- 09:00: Return to Manchester dropping people off en-route
- Timings can change due to fitness, weather or traffic
- You need to be fit
- Lots of walking over steep, uneven terrain
- No mountaineering experience required
- Minimum of 13-hours hiking with very little sleep!
- Equipment required – see the Kit List
- Transport from either Manchester or Ripon to Fort William or pick-ups anywhere in-between.
- Drivers complying with British driving laws
- Private, spacious transport between the 3 Peaks
- Drop offs between Llanberis & Manchester afterwards
- One night twin share hotel room with breakfast
- Single rooms available for a £49 supplement
- Experienced, first aid certified Mountain Leaders
- Completion certificate to prove you did it!
- We have an (AALA License). See our safety policy
- Professional, insured and risk assessed events
- 24-hrs operations centre to help you deal with any issues
What About Our Impact?
- We adhere to the National 3 Peaks Code of Conduct
- We will not be in residential areas late at night
- We make a swift departure from vehicles into the hills
- We keep water in the vehicle so we’re self-sufficient
- We keep noise to a minimum when in residential areas
- We will always pack out what we pack in
- We support local business, purchasing food etc.
- See our Responsible Tourism Policy
Dates and Prices
We offer the National 3 Peaks Challenge as a private event for you and your group on any date you like. We recommend you do this challenge between June to September. From October to May we might encounter heavy snow and violent winds. We can still run the trip for you but you will need to be prepared to have ice axe and crampons and be ready for an even tougher time! Contact us for details.
|Number of People||Price Per Person||Book Now|
If you are based in the South of the UK we recommend you fly to Glasgow International Airport and then catch the return train from Manchester. This saves you a lot of time in the vehicle.
If you are making your own way to Fort William for the start of your challenge you should arrive the Friday afternoon/evening in time for the evening briefing and to be ready for the start of the challenge the next day.
Our vehicle can either do a round trip from Manchester or Ripon, so we can pick you up from either Manchester, Ripon or anywhere between there and the start of the challenge in Fort William. We also do pick-ups from Glasgow airport, usually around 16:00-17:00-hrs. We will also drop you off anywhere between Snowdonia and either Manchester or Ripon on the way back. The best thing to do is contact us and let us know your requirements and we can talk this through, we’ve been doing this a long time and know all the ins and outs of the route.
For private groups we can arrange pick-ups from anywhere you like.
Doing this event for charity?
Many people walk the National 3 Peaks to raise money for charity. If this your plan you can contact the charity you wish to raise money for and ask them to send you sponsorship forms. If you are unable to get sponsorship forms we can send you generic ones that you can enter the name of your chosen cause into. Lost Earth Adventures does not collect the money, we simply give you the forms for your convenience and leave the money collection to you.