Joint Service Adventure Training
Developing Leadership and Courage
Courses in the Peak District, Yorkshire, Lake District and Wales
Specially designed for the Armed Forces such as the Army, Navy and RAF, our Adventure Training packages offer military units the opportunity to learn and enhance skills through a wide selection of outdoor activities. Many of our instructors are ex-servicemen and women while our Adventure Training programmes are overseen by an ex-serving officer. Each activity is designed to develop leadership skills, teamwork, confidence, discipline as well as trust.
Our AT is conducted efficiently and effectively. We believe in helping your unit get the most out of the activities, so flexibility is key. The AT packages are suitable for any group size and any skill level from beginner to instructor. Our experienced trainers tailor each session to suit you, increasing or decreasing difficulty where necessary.
At a Glance
- Wild locations
- Genuinely thrilling, pushing beyond comfort zones
- Programs tailored to you, from 3-hrs to 3-weeks
- Exceptional standards
- High staff ratios keep personnel active and engaged
- All equipment provided
- Yorkshire Dales
- Peak District
- North York Moors
- Lake District
Near These Military Camps
- Catterick, Wathgill and Warcop – Yorkshire
- Totley – Peak District
- Swynnerton – Near(ish) the Peak District
- Leek and Upper Hulme – Peak District
- Thetford, Norfolk
- Capel Curig, Wales
Our Accommodation Centres
As a trade partner of the Youth Hostel Association we use their superb accommodation. Set conveniently in the most adventurous locations of the UK, with inspiring views and good food, they are a great base for Adventure Training. You’re also welcome to stay at your own accommodation and just join us for training.
Make a Booking or Enquiry
Lothian and Borders
For Your Information
- We have an Adventurous Activities Association License (AALA License)
- We have detailed risk assessments for every activity we run
- Lost Earth Adventures has full public and product liability insurance
- We have fully qualified instructors
All of these documents are available on request to help with your JSATFA form. To read more about our AALA License and our safety policies click here.
- Guided Walks or Navigation Courses
- Mountain Biking
- Climbing, Abseiling and Bouldering
- Urban Abseiling
- Gorge Walking and Canyoning
- Canoeing, Raft Building and Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Team Building, Orienteering and Other Activities Suitable for Corporates and Youth Groups
All venues have fantastic access from Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, York, Harrogate, Thirsk, Nottingham, Middlesbrough, Bradford, Hull, Halifax, Doncaster, Sheffield, Kendal, Whitby, Durham, Hartlepool, London, Cambridge, Liverpool, Birmingham and Bolton. See the map to see all our locations.