Schools and Activity Groups
The Ultimate Experience for Schools and Youth Groups
Get outside and explore nature’s playground, learning isn’t just for the classroom anymore!
Lost Earth Adventures firmly believes that educational experiences should be engaging, challenging and rooted in fun. To get outside enjoying the great British countryside and being physically and mentally challenged is nothing but essential to a young person’s development.
Starting from just a half day to multi-day adventures, our friendly, qualified and experienced team will help to take the hassle out of planning, so you can concentrate on having fun!
For example the curriculum states that: ‘A high-quality PE curriculum enables all pupils to enjoy and succeed in many kinds of physical activity.[…] As a result, they develop the confidence to take part in different physical activities and learn about the value of healthy, active lifestyles. Discovering what they like to do, what their aptitudes are at school, and how and where to get involved in physical activity helps them make informed choices about lifelong physical activity.’ (Department of Education: 2013)
Some of the activities we provide are listed below. For more information click on the links or see the table at the bottom of this page:
- Rock Climbing is great for teaching students to look for ways to solve their own problems as they search for hand and footholds among the rocks
- Caving helps students work together as a team as well as being an awesome confidence builder. Never failing to bring even the most anxious student an amazing sense of wellbeing whilst learning the geology of the underworld.
- Abseiling encourages students to overcome their fears as they descend
- Gorge Walking is a terrific way for students to learn teamwork as they help each other scramble over rocks
- Hiking builds endurance and is a good way to get students encouraging each other to complete the distance. We can also provide hikes that count towards the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme
- Gap Year Safety and Travel Planning Courses (16+) give future independent travellers the skills and knowledge they will need to navigate the world
- Navigation Classes offer a chance to learn a real life skill in a fun and interactive way. You will find hidden objects and complete various tasks
- Mountain Biking provides a lot of excitement, covers you in mud while learning some lessons in road safety
- Camping Trips spend a night under canvas learning basic camping crafts and skills such as shelter building, campfire etiquette and cooking
Our activities last from just a half day to multiple day adventures. So whether you are looking to take your students out of the classroom for an afternoon of gorge walking or want to fully immerse them in a weekend of activities Lost Earth Adventures can cater to your needs. Just contact us to discuss your specific needs and requirements.
Lost Earth Adventures can also provide:
- Use of overnight facilities at one of our Activity Centres
- Complimentary spaces for teachers and support staff
- Waterproof clothing and all equipment – simply turn up and take part
- Hot drinks
Teachers, Group Leaders and PlannersPlanning and preparing shouldn't all be about paperwork! We take the hassle and stress out of organising your group event by providing you with all of the necessary risk assessments, equipment and clothing kit lists and safety briefings. We are fully insured and accredited and only use experienced instructors, qualified by the activity's respective National Governing Bodies.
For Your Information
At Lost Earth Adventures we are aware of the concerns for the health and safety of your pupils.
- We have an Adventurous Activities Association License (AALA License)
- We have detailed risk assessments for every activity we run
- Lost Earth Adventures has full public and product liability insurance
- All staff working with children have undergone DBS (formally CRB) checks
- We have a child protection policy
- We have fully qualified instructors
All of these documents are available on request. To read more about our AALA License and our safety policies click here.
To read reviews from our satisfied past clients please visit our Reviews Page.
We use many locations in the great outdoors, classrooms and activity centres across Yorkshire and the Peak District including: Brimham Rocks, Stanage Edge, North York Moors, and the Yorkshire Dales.
We encourage all teachers and trip leaders to visit our venues before completing an adventure with us.
All venues have fantastic access from Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, York, Harrogate, Thirsk, Nottingham, Middlesbrough, Bradford, Hull, Halifax, Doncaster, Sheffield, Kendal, Whitby, Durham, Hartlepool and Bolton.
These prices are only for School and Youth groups and not general members of the public and are subject to minimum group sizes. Please contact us if your not sure whether your group would qualify for these prices.
We keep our ratios much lower than most outdoor centres as we are focused more on quality and safety rather than quantity.
Half Day School Prices
Full Day School Prices
You can combine 2 of the below activities in a day. You will pay the price of the more expensive activity when combining 2 activities.
All of these prices are based on an adult from your school or youth group being present. The adult is welcome to take part complimentary in the activity. If there is no adult present then we will have to increase our staffing levels to deal with the group management. The increase in price will depend on what exactly we will be doing and how many children will be participating.
Please ring us on 01904 500094 to talk through the options.
What makes us different?
Reviews"Lost Earth Adventures put on a fantastic day for our Year 6 children. Their staff had a great rapport with the children, encouraging everyone to get involved, but at the same time maintaining high standards of professionalism & safety throughout. I highly recommend them to schools wanting their children to experience fantastic outdoor adventurous activities."
Matt Letham - Head Master, Orchard Head Primary School
Challenges and Adventures to Nepal
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Asian Lost Earth Adventure.
Treks can be as challenging as the participants want. We can provide treks to Everest Base Camp or the peaks and passes of various other mountains in the Himalaya. You will be staying in huts or under canvas. Read more about our school trips to Nepal.
Our Asian Adventure and Volunteer programs are very rewarding and will make the children feel proud, knowing they are doing something good for a lesser advantaged community. It will teach them to be resourceful and increase their confidence no end. Last but not least, it offers young participants an everlasting life changing experience that they will take with them as they grow.
Leave the children with us or stay to watch if you wish. There are great photo opportunities and the chance to spend quality time together.
Some of the activities we provide are listed below. For more information click on the links or contact us:
- Rock Climbing is a fun way to spend the day giving the children a sense of achievement as they scale the cliffs
- Abseiling over the edge of the world will give them a thrill they will never forget
- Caving is wriggling around in the mud of an exciting underground maze and splashing about in underground streams. Perfect!
- Gorge Walking will let the group scramble around, up and over rocks while surrounded by water. All the joys of exploring with added splash
- Navigation find hidden treasures, paths and walk ways all designed to use new found orienteering skills. They can be designed as a whole group activity or competition depending on the size of party and their requirements
- Camping Trips spend a night under canvas learning basic camping crafts and skills such as shelter building, campfire etiquette and cooking.
- Mountain Biking provides a lot of excitement, covers them in mud while exploring the great outdoors
Click on the arrows to see photos of the activities you could be doing with your school or youth group.