Jobs at Lost Earth Adventures
Who We Are
Lost Earth Adventures is a small, but rapidly growing, York based outdoor activity provider in the UK and overseas tour operator, specialising in adventurous treks and multi-activity holidays to Nepal and Africa. We deliver a whole range of outdoor adventure activities and curriculum-linked programmes.
Our itineraries are unique and strive to get off the beaten path while also showcasing the highlights of a destination. As a small, personal company we pride ourselves on our professionalism, leadership and attention to detail. People travel with Lost Earth Adventures because of our in depth and personal knowledge of the countries we visit. As one of our latest guests stated, “I am reborn! Simply the best holiday I have ever been on.”
Expedition and Bookings Coordinator
Lost Earth Adventures is seeking an Expedition and Bookings Coordinator to assist the team with the day to day running of tour operations and bookings.
Lost Earth Adventures are seeking a commercially minded Expedition and Bookings Coordinator to join the team with the day to day running of tour operations and bookings.
As part of a small team you will be selling and pricing tours for the UK and Nepal with day-to-day liaison with overseas agents, existing clients and dealing with email and phone enquiries. You will work closely with the head of sales to ensure consistency of content and the customer journey across the company is maintained.
• Taking bookings over the phone and email.
• Ensure accurate tracking and filing of all client and supplier information
• Pricing tours, treks and adventures
• Answering enquiries and questions prior to an event
• Ensuring all staff have the relevant information before they run a trip
• Liaise with operations to ensure all events, tours and treks are staffed to appropriate levels
• Invoicing and Chasing payments
You will help to drive sales in line with our ambitious growth plans and you should be confident and able to also help to improve our websites, create content for blogs, social media and support the marketing of our current and new destinations. You should be an outdoors enthusiast with a knack for selling and a commercial mind, as well as having great people and writing skills.
The role is based at our head office in York which are open 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday. A flexible approach to when you work will be needed and we’ll offer the same in return. You would also help provide out-of-office weekend cover and emergency contact as part of a rota. We offer a competitive salary, dependent on your level of experience, 28 days holiday per annum with the potential for salary increase based on performance.
• Overseas trekking and adventure travel experience preferably in Nepal or India
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong eye for detail
• Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel & Word
• Ability to prioritise & manage multiple priorities
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Mountain Equipment, DMM, Petzl and Wild Country equipment available at trade cost
• Cotswold 15% discount
• Opportunities for further professional development
• Salary increase based on performance