Jobs at Lost Earth Adventures
Lost Earth Adventures is a small, but rapidly growing outdoor activity provider, operating across all mountainous areas of the UK.
We are seeking a full-time Adventure Agent to assist in the running of our business in our office in central York.
We are looking for an able communicator who is efficient, organised and interested in adventure. You should be keen to learn about the way in which an adventure travel company is run, and therefore willing to take on varied tasks and responsibilities. The ability to multi-task and think independently is a must.
You should be confident, well-spoken and an outdoors enthusiast with a knack for selling and a commercial mind, as well as having great people and writing skills. This is a diverse role in which responsibilities and tasks will vary according to the time of year.
• Managing enquiries – You will take care of the majority of enquiries that we receive via email and phone. You should be confident communicating with customers and responding to any queries before, during or after their session. This can sometimes involve creating bespoke adventures for a client and recommending them suitable activities, the ability to excite people and sell the trips is a must.
• Logistics & Event Organisation – Making sure all arrangements are in place with clients and staff and ensuring instructors have all the relevant details before their session.
• Admin – Invoicing; taking payments over the phone; ensuring payments have been made on time; making sure every client has submitted a consent and medical form before their activity. There are a lot of administration and logistics tasks with this role.
• Miscellaneous additional tasks – to assist in the successful running of an outdoors company.
• Be able to start before 20th May 2021
• Be a person that regularly engages in outdoor activities and adventures, either the ones we offer or very similar and have a willingness to try our trips
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience in customer service
• Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel & Word
• Highly organised
• Ability to prioritise & manage multiple priorities
• A strong sense of initiative
• Keen eye for detail
• You must be willing to work in an office in York 5 days out of 7 (including 2 weekends per month)
• Experience working in an office-based/administrative role
• Experience in Sales
Job Type: Full-time, 6-month contract to start with the possibility to extend.
Salary: £19,000-22,000 per annum, dependent on your level of experience, 28 days holiday, with the potential for salary increase based on performance.
Contact: If you are interested in this role, please email Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and a CV.
If you’d like a chat about the position first then please call 01904 500094.