Jobs at Lost Earth Adventures
Who We Are
Lost Earth Adventures is a small and rapidly growing York-based outdoor activity provider. We specialise in a range of outdoor activities in the UK and in adventurous treks and multi-activity holidays to Nepal and Africa.
Staff Coordinator Role
This is a great opportunity for someone to come in at the ground level and grow with us at a very exciting time.
You will predominately be based at our Head Office in York. However, you will be required to be out on the ground as required. Delivering instruction or helping develop/monitoring activity sessions throughout our main operating areas.
What you will be doing…
• Assisting the Operations Manager to co-ordinate staffing priorities.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with staff.
• Ensuring staff have all relevant job information to deliver a first class service to customers
• Assisting writing itineraries and logistic planning with Operations Manager and Client Relations team.
• Training/inducting/monitoring instructors (within the scope of the relevant qualification).
• Managing inventory checking stock and kit safety.
• Ensuring compliance with AALA, LOtC and other regulations.
• Ensuring instructor records are compiled and maintained.
• Outdoor instruction across Yorkshire and the Peak District (as required).
• Assisting in identification and recce of new locations.
What we are looking for…
Are you highly motivated with excellent standards and the people skills needed to deliver superb service?
To be considered, you’ll need the following:
• Hold an SPA and ML(S), or similar (essential)
• Supervisory or management experience (preferably outdoor industry)
• Experience of health and safety management (desirable)
• Experience of training/monitoring staff (desirable)
• A professional manner when working with groups and dealing with queries and problems that arise
• Punctuality and organisation skills
• A positive and natural problem solver
• First Aid at Work qualification (or willingness to work towards)
• A Driving Licence + reliable vehicle
We know more than most that there’s more to life than work. When you join Lost Earth Adventures, you’ll get amazing company perks, including:
• Mountain Equipment, DMM, Petzl and Wild Country equipment available at trade cost
• Cotswold 15% discount
• Opportunities for further professional development
• Salary increase based on performance
• Very fun staff outings from go karting to flying light aircraft and much more
• Opportunities for promotion – the next step would be as Operations Manager
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK.
Hours: The role is predominantly office-based 9am-5pm Monday to Friday at our offices in York city centre, though you may be required to work some weekends and provide emergency contact cover on occasion. The role also means you will sometimes be out in the field instructing and signing off other members of staff, so some flexibility is essential.
We offer a competitive salary of £18-22K per annum dependent on experience, with 28 days’ holiday entitlement.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.
If you’re a freelance outdoor instructor looking to join our team, please send through your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.