Mountainous Area and Expedition Filming Logistics
Film Crew Safety, Support and Logistics in Remote Areas
Specialists in the UK, Nepalese Himalaya, Thailand and Laos
Lost Earth Adventures have worked with a variety of different film crews and production companies. We possess the experience, know-how, skills and labour force to get your crew safely into the remotest of locations for the ultimate shot. We also understand the time, preparation, challenges and needs required for successful video and multi-media productions.
Overseas and in the UK, we are able to use our in-depth in country knowledge and vast resources to ensure a smooth and logistically hassle free experience for your team.
Previous Film Work
- Coordinated access and ensured the safe management of film crew and associated equipment in a listed building (a water tower)
- Lowered and hoisted the show’s presenter, George Clarke up and down, inside the shaft of a 100m deep well
- White water safety cover and instruction
- Mountain bike guiding and instruction
- Rope rigging for camera operators whilst canyoning and rock climbing
- Sourced and provided a fleet of support vehicles
- Providing in-country logistics for film crew, winners & press for one week in Nepal; including transport, accommodation and meals
- Coordinating all aspects of on site planning and providing an expedition through the Himalaya
- Pre-trip recce and route planning – provided extensive local knowledge of route choices
- Managed a team of over 100 staff throughout the expedition
Nissan ran a Pan European competition to promote the all new Nissan X-Trail, offering consumers the chance to win the Ultimate Himalayan Adventure.
Lost Earth Adventures assisted in the fulfilment of this once in a lifetime expedition for those 4 lucky winners and supported the accompanying film crew as they filmed on site in Nepal.
You can read more about the expedition on our blog.
- Worked with a production company, filming a promotional video about Brimham Rocks as part of a national multi-media campaign for the National Trust, promoting outdoors activities across Yorkshire
- Guided groups up various rock climbing routes around Brimham Rocks, utilising SLR cameras and Go Pro’s to get the best shots and sequences
- Lost Earth Adventures’ Company Founder Richard Goodey played the role of Rab Carrington, former British Mountaineering Council President and founder of the climbing equipment manufacturing company Rab in a docu-drama biopic
- Available to rent from Steep Edge and premiered as an official selection at the Kendal Mountain Film Festival
Lost Earth Adventures were called into the ITV news room to give expert advice on the effects of weather and mountain conditions whilst trekking and mountaineering in Nepal’s Himalaya.
- Safely guiding presenters Ellie and Adam, both novice climbers to the top of a rock climb graded Very Severe
- Provided fixed lines down a descent gully ensuring safe and easy access for all crew to filming and climbing venue
- Provided guidance on appropriate level of qualifications needed for our instructors/guides and information about location and venue logistics
Provided safety support, rigging and roped access on set for cast and crew whilst working/filming near an exposed area and drop off.
We sent TV’s funny man Billy Pearce abseiling over the edge of one of Bradford’s highest buildings in support of a charity fundraising event for Isla Grace, a little girl with a rare form of cancer.
Read more about our charity abseils.
- Safety supervision of athletes multi-pitch rock climbing
- Guiding crew scrambling and mountaineering
- Supervision of climbing camera man whilst filming at height
- Guided crew over Crib Goch, a knife edge ride
- Consultancy on routes, access and shots
- Guiding presenters canyoning and caving
- Rope rigging for camera operators whilst filming at height
- White water safety cover
- Site logistics and image consultancy
- Guiding YouTuber Dan Gruchy vertical caving
- Crew safety and rope-work
- Site logistics and image consultancy
In-Country Fixing Service for Nepal, Thailand and Laos
Location Fixers, Liaison Officers, Support Crew and Logistics
Lost Earth Adventures is a mountain and adventure sports company that has a wide range of contacts and staff in every aspect of this industry, whether it is above ground, below ground, on rivers or mountain tops we can assist your film crew in getting the perfect images by providing the following:
- Safety cover
- Rope Access Technicians
- Climbing camera operators
- Mountaineering Instructors (MIA/MIC)
- Mountain Bike Instructors
- Mountain Guides
- Trekking Guides
- Canyoning Guides
- Translators for all major languages
- Raft Guides
- Paragliding pilots
- Drivers, transport and carnets
- Kayaking instructors
- White water safety crew
- Climbing actors
- Filming and Restricted Area Permits
- Safety and support for news crews and journalists
For Your Information
At Lost Earth Adventures we are aware of the concerns for the health and safety of your crew.
- We have an Adventurous Activities Association License (AALA License)
- We have detailed risk assessments for every activity we run
- Lost Earth Adventures has full public and product liability insurance
- We have fully qualified instructors
- Safety Policy and Financial Protection
We work across the National Parks of Northern England and Wales including: Snowdonia, Lake District, Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, Northumberland and North York Moors with bases close to Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield, York, Harrogate, Thirsk, Nottingham, Middlesbrough, Bradford, Hull, Halifax, Doncaster, Sheffield, Liverpool, Birmingham, Chester, Kendal, Whitby, Durham, Hartlepool and Bolton