Why the Peak District is the Perfect Getaway for the Whole Family
We’ve been looking for the best family staycations to help you to plan for your holiday. The Peak District is one of our top choices, with activities, accommodation and attractions for all budgets to keep the whole family entertained.
We have Open Group Events if you’d like to team up with other adventurers, and private trips for those who would prefer to keep to their family circle. Either way, our expert team of instructors will make sure your trip is tailored to the whole group so everyone has an incredible day out.
Our top recommendations for family adventures:
Stand up paddle boarding
SUPing is one of the world’s most popular water sports right now, and one we have fully got on board with. Combs Reservoir (only 15 minutes from Buxton) is a beautiful, safe spot to either learn or master the sport, rain or shine.
Whether you’re 7 or 70, rock climbing is great for developing perseverance, coordination and confidence. From first-time climbers to those wanting advanced coaching, our instructors can set up routes to make sure that everyone in your group conquers the crag.
Discover the magic of what lies beneath! Apart from being amazing fun and a brilliant challenge, caving also brings to life home learning lessons about erosion, geology and geography.
MAD Days Out
Cave, climb, abseil & gorge walk. Trying to please your teens, tweens and smaller children all in one day can be tough. Our MAD (Multi-Activity) Days Out in the Peak District make this easy by combining four of our top Peak District activities to make sure everyone is happy.
Impressive grounds, giant sculptures, an extensive art collection, farmyard animals, one of the country’s top farm shops, restaurants, hotels… Chatsworth House really does have something for everyone. Even with the current covid restrictions, the gardens, farm shop and takeaways are still open for those local to the area; a great option for getting some fresh air.
Imagine the lavish banquets held for aristocrats and royalty during the Stuart period of history with the help of an interactive tour before enjoying tea and scones in the café. Every weekend from April to September has Cavalier Horsemanship events, and there are usually special activities and events in the school holidays.
Heights of Abraham
A real gem of the Peak District! Ride the cable car to the summit to enjoy panoramic views of the Peak before taking a guided tour of the huge caverns (included in the ticket price). The dining options cater for different tastes and budgets, all with expansive views of the surrounding countryside.
Bakewell is a famously picturesque town, and no trip is complete without a visit to the Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop. Aside from its world-famous pudding, it has amazing afternoon tea and artisan bread; perfect for breakfast butties if you’re staying in self-catered accommodation.
For those fans of a little tipple, the Peak Ales (also home to Chatsworth Gin) has a visitor centre worth a stop-off.
How to Plan Your Family Holiday in the Peak District
- 1.) See our video below to see how happy you’re going to make your kids!
- 2.) Read about any of the experiences by clicking on the links above.
- 3.) Look at the map of where our adventures are located below.
- 4.) Either call 01904 500094, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check our availability.
- 5.) Book your accommodation immediately after checking our availability using either Booking.com, The Youth Hostel Association, Air BnB, or your favourite accommodation portal.
- 6.) Pay us a £100 deposit as soon as you’ve booked your accommodation. The balance is due 30 days prior.
- 7.) Turn up and enjoy your adventure holiday in the UK!
Map of Our Locations
Locations near Sheffield, Manchester, Doncaster, Buxton, Leeds, Bradford, Stoke-on-Trent, Chesterfield, Matlock, Derby, Nottingham, Huddersfield and Barnsley.
- Guided Walks or Navigation Courses
- Mountain Biking
- Climbing, Abseiling and Bouldering
- Urban Abseiling
- Gorge Walking and Canyoning
- Canoeing, Raft Building and Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Team Building, Orienteering and Other Activities Suitable for Work Teams and Youth Groups