Trek to Everest Base Camp
Trekking Tour to the Roof of the World
16 day set departures and private expeditions from £1,565
On our classic teahouse trek, you’ll ascend to the iconic Everest Base Camp, the famous starting point for some of the most influential climbing expeditions in history. Steeped in history, the impressive panoramic mountain view is one of the best in the world.
We guarantee you’ll be awe-struck by the dominating peaks all around you, from the 8,000m Lhotse and Nuptse to the 8,848m Everest itself. However, the route also gives ample opportunity to explore traditional Nepalese village culture and splendid scenery. You’ll visit the largest Buddhist monastery and traverse boulder fields left in the wake of the extraordinary Khumbu Glacier. It’s incredible!
IMPORTANT: Along with the planned rest day and Kala Patthar ascent, we can afford to be delayed by 4-5 days in case of bad weather. This dramatically increases the chance of a successful trek to Everest Base Camp. We also only run this trek in the optimal season to avoid poor weather.
Get a sense of the bigger picture! Download our Everest Base Camp Trek dossier now.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Stand on the slopes of the world’s highest mountain
- Climb two peaks over 5,000m (Nangkartshang and Kala Patthar)
- See the Yeti Scalp at the Thyangboche Monastery and meet the monks
- Meet the mountaineers at Everest base camp and speak with them about their epic expeditions
- Explore glacial landscapes and cross moraine
- Experience breathtaking views from Kala Patthar over Everest at sunrise
- Stay in the bustling Sherpa village of Namche Bazaar and its famous bakeries
- Part of The Great Himalaya Trail
- A fully supported and well-organised expedition
Want more adventure? Combine this tour with one of our other trips or treks to Nepal for an outstanding month-long holiday!
Make the most of your Everest Trek and explore off the beaten path. We can provide tailor-made itineraries to explore hidden wonders in the Khumbu Region.
We can accommodate any group size.
Open Group Events
On these set departure trips, you’ll join a group of other trekkers who’ve also booked with us. Trips are scheduled around the year and are guaranteed to run with a minimum two people.
Prices excluding flights
Prices including flights
Privately guided events
You decide when you want the trip to happen. Your group will be privately guided at every stage of the trek.
Prices excluding flights
Prices including flights
Are there any hidden costs or price changes?
No. Once you pay your deposit, we guarantee there’s no price change. There are no hidden charges or extras either. The price we quote is the price you pay.
Continue the Great Himalayan Trail to the Langtang Valley
Extend your stay in Nepal with another breathtaking section of the Great Himalayan Trail, the Langtang Valley and holy Gosainkund Lakes. We have fixed and flexible departure dates available after or before your Everest Base Camp trek. Book two trips for yourself and get 5% off the lower priced tour.
We don’t charge a single supplement fee for solo travellers. Prices are based on sharing a twin room with a member of the same sex or a travelling companion. You can stay in your own room for £250. This must be paid with the final balance.
Treat yourself to some lavish comfort before or after your grand adventure. We’re experts when it comes travelling in and around Nepal, so why not see our recommendations on the best 5-star hotels in Kathmandu?
Day Tours and Excursions
Explore holy temples, endearing hilltop villages or the exotic capital of Kathmandu. Seek out tranquility or adventure! From white water rafting and mountain biking to scenic rambles into untouched monasteries! There’s always more to see in Nepal. Check out all our day trips and excursions.
Itinerary and Route
Our itineraries are meticulously researched. They are designed to give you the most fun with ample time to relax. We take the hassle out of organising your trip so that you can soak up every ounce of your mesmerising adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 2: Fly to Lukla (2,800m); trek to Phakding (2,610m). This flight will either take off from Kathmandu or from Manthali (Ramechhap) Airport which is a 5 hour drive from Kathmandu. Currently flights from Kathmandu to Lukla are suspended with no firm date of recommencing. We will always give you the best available option and the price is the same whatever option is taken.
- Day 3: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
- Day 4: Acclimatisation walk to Everest View Point (3,880m) and return to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
- Day 5: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,860m)
- Day 6: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,410m) via the Imja Valley
- Day 7: Climb Nangkartshang Peak (5,080m) for acclimatisation and return to Dingboche
- Day 8: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,940m)
- Day 9: Visit Everest Base Camp and spend the night at Gorak Shep (5,164m)
- Day 10: Climb Kala Patthar (5,545m); descend to Pheriche (4,371m)
- Day 11: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
- Day 12: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Phakding (2,610m)
- Day 13: Trek from Phakding to Lukla (2,860m)
- Day 14: Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 15: Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 16: Depart Kathmandu
Click on the arrows below to take a photographic journey around the Khumbu region.
A team from Halford’s embarked on the amazing 16-day trek. Check out their journey:
- 3 nights in hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- 12 nights in teahouse accommodation
- Included meals: All meals while trekking, breakfasts, welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu. There’s a wide selection of Western, Chinese and Nepalese food available in the tea houses, so you choose what meals you’d like each night
- Afternoon tea and biscuits while trekking
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- Private transportation for duration of tour
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters for entire trek.
- Map of the route
- One fully qualified, first aid trained Trekking Guide
- Sufficient means of communication. Satellite phones can be rented on request for £10 per day.
- Guides will check in with our office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Small groups. No more than 12 people on a set departure trip
- Trekking kit bag
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with plenty of staff so you can walk at your own pace. We let you walk at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s not included?
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy from $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- Scenic Everest mountain flight
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
- If the plane gets delayed on the way to Lukla you will have to pay for any extra nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu if needed. If the plane gets delayed returning back to Kathmandu you will have to pay for your accommodation and food for the extra time in Lukla.
- Tips to porters/local guide
Travelling to Nepal
You’ll need a passport with 6-month’s validity as well as a Nepalese visa. The best way to obtain this is to buy it on entry to Nepal in any major currency but not Nepali Rupees. Typically, the cost is USD30 for 15 days.
You’ll also need travel insurance and you should visit your GP or a health professional at least 4-6 weeks before you travel to check which vaccinations you may need.
For more info on travelling safely and obtaining a visa, see the FCO Know Before You Go campaign.
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude.
Flying through the Himalaya in a light aircraft is certainly memorable, but the weather can make conditions difficult. Poor weather may cause delays on internal flights. The itinerary is designed to cope with such delays but alternative treks may be provided in the event of flight cancellations extending to multiple days.
Helicopters can sometimes fly in poor weather. If the group is offered the use of a helicopter, the cost will be split between those who choose the option. The same applies in the event you need to make your international flight home. In the unlikely event internal flight cancellations mean you miss your international flight home, you are responsible for rebooking an alternative flight and the associated costs. We advise you take suitable insurance to cover this.
We also need to make you aware of the EU Airline Blacklist in accordance with EC No. 2111/2005 Article 9. All internal flight operators in Nepal appear on the EU blacklist ‘Community List’ and are subject to an operating ban within the EU. This list is available for inspection at https://ec.europa.eu./transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban_en
Recent Trip Reports
What Our Guests Say
Quite amazing getting that close to one of the 8,000m peaks as well. And of course Dipak was a fantastic guide, I’d def. go trekking with him/Lost Earth Adventures again!”
Groups: Private Treks and Group Tours
Charities, Schools, Military, Private Groups and Tailor Made Trips for Individuals
All our tours can be run privately for you and your group, from solo travellers to groups of over 50. We specialise in organising bespoke tours for groups of friends, charity challenges, school groups, mountaineering clubs, families, and countless others.
Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
We love working with charity challengers! We have our own charity (Share the Load Foundation) and are inspired by your determination to fundraise for worthy causes. That’s why we will do everything we can to help you achieve your goals during a charity challenge. We provide support from start to finish, including fundraising tips, training plans and the very best in-country support.
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Asian Lost Earth Adventure.
We are an Approved Military Contractor and provide many courses, expeditions and adventure training for groups of serving personnel and Cadets.
We understand honeymooners need a bit of champagne sparkle, some celebrations warrant the inclusion of heli-trekking and spa treatments, and that the very active relax with white-water rafting after summiting 6,000m peaks. Decades of research and our extensive in-country network mean anything is possible. Get in touch and we’ll start preparing your perfect adventure.
Information for group leaders & group discounts
Depending on your trip and number of participants, we can offer groups of 10 or more a complimentary place or a discount for all adventurers. Schools trips can benefit from free places for teachers, whilst we can discount rates for charity challenges. Contact us with your details and requirements and we will get a quote to you within one working day.
We also appreciate the effort it takes to coordinate a group of people so in exchange for your efforts, we will give group organisers of 10+ people a £150 Cotswold gift voucher; perfect for kitting yourself out ahead of your big adventure!
All group members receive a complimentary kit bag, t-shirt and a voucher code for 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor.
For Your Information
Health and safety and financial protection
At Lost Earth Adventures, health and safety is our top priority. All our trips are run to UK and international safety standards, and are proud to surpass these standards in many areas.
Full details of our policies and protections are available here.