Secret Trails of Nar Phu
An Adventurous Trek Exploring the Remote Valleys of Nar and Phu
16 Day Tour – Both set departures and private expeditions available
This trek is guaranteed to run and has not been affected by the Earthquake in 2015
Discover the hidden valleys, remote villages and ancient monasteries of Nar Phu on a spectacular, adventurous trek. Walk amongst a region that has been left untouched by modern amenities and experience the Tibetan culture that thrives here.
Beginning in the lower reaches of the Annapurna Circuit, walk along rugged mountain trails, carved into vast, steep sided gorges. Trek through enchanted forests of pine, oak and colourful rhododendrons and experience the lush, verdant greens of the valley floors below. Be mesmerised by the awe-inspiring snow capped peaks, like Manaslu and Annapurna II. The scenery is nothing short of amazing.
The trail veers into the restricted area of Nar Phu, having only been opened to visitors since 2003 and the difference from the busier trails of the Annapurna Circuit is evident. You’ll be visiting a region few others have explored. This is trekking at its absolute finest and an experience not to be missed!
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Remote monasteries, gompas and villages of Nar and Phu
- Crossing the Kang La
- Ancient Tibetan culture and lifestyle
- Colourful rhododendron forests and lush valleys
- A fully supported and well-organised expedition
- Experiencing an adventurous and off the beaten path trek
- Outstanding mountain views across the Himalaya, including the Annapurna’s and Manaslu
- Marsyangdi Valley and the Annapurna Circuit
Want more adventure? Combine this tour with one of our other trips or treks to Nepal for an outstanding 31-day holiday!
Dates and Prices
There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday. For a full list of what is and what isn’t included, please see our Nar Phu Trek Dossier.
This trip is guaranteed to run with a minimum of 4 people.
Deposit of £200 secures your place on the trip and the balance is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Monthly payment plans can be set up on request. If you book less than 60 days before the start of the trip then the full amount is due immediately.
We can run this tour as a private trip at any time you like as long as there is a minimum of 4 people in your group. We also have set departures so you can join with a tour on the dates listed below. The best time to travel to Nepal is from March to May and October to December. Contact Us for more information.
|Tour Dates 2016||Date||Trip Status|
|Secret Trails of Nar Phu||1 October 2016||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Secret Trails of Nar Phu||22 October 2016||Limited Availability||BOOK NOW|
|Secret Trails of Nar Phu||12 November 2016||Limited Availability||BOOK NOW|
|Tour Dates 2017||Date||Trip Status|
|Secret Trails of Nar Phu||8 April 2017||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Secret Trails of Nar Phu||07 October 2017||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Secret Trails of Nar Phu||28 October 2017||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Secret Trails of Nar Phu||11 November 2017||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
How do I get a discount?
The more people you book at the same time the more of a discount you will get. 4 people you get 5% off. Then you get another percent off for every person above that. So, for 5 people you would get 6% discount, 6 people 7% and so on.
If you are coming on a second or third tour you will get a loyalty discount of 5%
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
We do not impose ‘local payments’ or have any hidden charges. We charge an extra 3% if paying by credit card but there is no charge for BACS, cheque or cash payments. There is a guaranteed ‘no price increase’ in the trip price after you have paid your deposit.
Extend your trip in Nepal by 2 more weeks
Check the departure dates of our other Nepal tours here. Get a 5% discount off of the lower priced tour when you book two trips for yourself!
We don’t charge a single supplement fee if you’re a solo traveller. Our prices are based on staying in twin share rooms with a member of the same sex or your travelling companion. If you wish to stay in your own room there will be a £75 charge for this trip. In some circumstances single rooms may not be available for example when we stay in the tea houses there is limited accommodation. We will always try to meet your requirements. The £75 must be paid with the final balance.
If you would like all food to be included whilst trekking then there is an extra charge of £220. This does not include food whilst in Kathmandu apart from breakfast and the welcome and farewell dinners. There is good reason for us not including food on the trek.
The food available in the tea houses is brilliant, there is a large selection of western, Chinese and Nepalese food available for you to choose from. If you pay us for food then we are just a middle man paying the tea house for you. You will still sit in the same tea house at the same table whether you pay us beforehand or not. Once we have added tax and currency exchange fees to the money you pay us your food works out around 30% more expensive. We also don’t want you to be restricted in what you eat and want you to enjoy the vast menus and locally grown produce of the tea houses.
So you can pay us to arrange your food as we appreciate some of our clients prefer the convenience, but it will work out 30% more expensive than if you just pay as you go when we are there. Unlike some tour operators we will let you eat whatever you want from the menu when buying the food option with us.
If you like to indulge and treat yourself every now and then (and who doesn’t?) we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend the following hotels for a touch of 5 star luxury in Kathmandu.
Day Tours and Extensions to Nepal Trips
Want More Adventure?Explore holy temples or endearing hilltop villages, discover the exotic capital, or seek out nature and tranquillity in the beautiful Himalayan landscape. From bungee jumping and white water rafting to scenic rambles and hidden gems why not extend your trip to make it truly a unique and once in a lifetime trip! Click here for more information on Nepal.
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organizing your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2: 4×4 Jeep – Kathmandu to Jagat (1800m)
- Day 3: Jagat to Dharapani (1860m)
- Day 4: Dharapani to Koto, gateway into the valley of Phu (2600m)
- Day 5: Koto to Meta (3550m)
- Day 6: Meta to Kyang (3800m) li>
- Day 7: Kyang to Phu (4080m)
- Day 8: Phu – Rest and Exploration Day
- Day 9: Phu to Nar Phedi (3550m)
- Day 10: Nar Phedi to Nar (4180m)
- Day 11: Nar to Kang La Phedi (4530m)
- Day 12: Kang La Phedi to Ngawal (3657m) via Kang La (5322m)
- Day 13: Ngawal to Chame (2060m)
- Day 14: Chame to Jagat (1300m)
- Day 15: 4×4 Jeep – Jagat to Kathmandu
- Day 16: Depart Kathmandu
If you have a late flight why not…
Explore the ancient city of Patan or experience a breathtaking Everest mountain flight!
Please click on the arrows to take a photographic journey through Nar Phu.
Recent Trip Reports
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- 12 nights teahouse accommodation
- 2 nights camping
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- 1 fully qualified, first aid trained Western Leader
- 1 English speaking local guide
- Meals as described in the dossier (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=Dinner).
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- Thuraya satellite phone (to be used for organising logistics and in emergencies)
- Guides will check in daily with our UK office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are a fully bonded and insured UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Small groups. No more than 12 people on a set departure trip
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with two leaders so you can walk at your own pace. We let you walk at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Trekking kit bag
- Photo book
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy for $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- International flights
- Tips to porters/local guide
What Our Guests Say