Secret Trails of Nar Phu
Adventure trekking in the remote valleys of Nar and Phu
16 day private trekking expeditions from £1,595
Discover hidden valleys, remote villages and ancient monasteries on our Secret Trails of Nar Phu trek. Walk amongst a region untouched by modern amenities and experience the Tibetan culture that thrives here.
You begin in the lower reaches of the Annapurna Circuit. Enchanting forests, verdant valleys and stunning snow-capped peaks make this trek perfect for those looking to go well off the beaten path. This restricted area only opened to the public in 2003, so you’ll be visiting areas few others have explored. What will you uncover?
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Visit remote monasteries, gompas and villages of Nar and Phu
- Cross the Kang La
- Discover ancient Tibetan culture and lifestyle
- Revel in colourful rhododendron forests and lush valleys
- Experience an adventurous and off the beaten path trek
- See outstanding mountain views across the Himalaya, including the Annapurnas and Manaslu
- Explore the Marsyangdi Valley and the Annapurna Circuit
- Feel secure! This is a fully supported and well-organised expedition
Want more adventure? Combine this tour with one of our other trips or treks to Nepal for an outstanding 31-day holiday!
Land Only prices from £1,595
We run our Nar Phu treks as privately guided tours only. This brings you closer to the cultural experience on offer. Private guides will see to your every need, so you all you need to do is take in the views, culture and more. We can run this trip for any group size.
A deposit of £200 secures your place on the trip and the balance is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Monthly payment plans can be set up on request. If you book less than 60 days before the start of the trip then the full amount is due immediately.
Are there any hidden costs or price changes?
No. Once you pay your deposit, we guarantee there’s no price change. There are no hidden charges or extras either. The price we quote is the price you pay.
Extend your trip in Nepal
Check the departure dates of our other Nepal tours here. Book two trips for yourself and get 5% off the lower priced tour. We can also help arrange arriving earlier or departing later to maximise your stay in this wonderful place.
We don’t charge a single supplement fee for solo travellers. Prices are based on sharing a twin room with a member of the same sex or a travelling companion. You can stay in your own room for £250. This must be paid with the final balance.
Treat yourself to some lavish comfort before or after your grand adventure. We’re experts when it comes travelling in and around Nepal, so why not see our recommendations on the best 5-star hotels in Kathmandu?
Day Tours and Excursions
Explore holy temples, endearing hilltop villages or the exotic capital of Kathmandu. Seek out tranquility or adventure! From white water rafting and mountain biking to scenic rambles into untouched monasteries and villages! There’s always more to see in Nepal. Check out all our day trips and excursions.
Itinerary and Route
Our itineraries are meticulously researched. They are designed to give you the most fun with ample time to relax. We take the hassle out of organising your trip so that you can soak up every ounce of your mesmerising adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Jagat (1,800m)
- Day 3: Trekking begins: Jagat to Dharapani (1,860m)
- Day 4: Dharapani to Koto (2,600m)
- Day 5: Koto to Meta (3,550m)
- Day 6: Meta to Kyang (3,800m) li>
- Day 7: Kyang to Phu (4,080m)
- Day 8: Phu: Rest and Exploration Day
- Day 9: Phu to Nar Phedi (3,550m)
- Day 10: Nar Phedi to Nar (4,180m)
- Day 11: Nar to Kang La Phedi (4,530m)
- Day 12: Kang La Phedi to Ngawal (3,657m) via Kang La (5,322m)
- Day 13: Ngawal to Chame (2,060m)
- Day 14: Chame to Jagat (1,300m)
- Day 15: Drive from Jagat to Kathmandu
- Day 16: Depart Kathmandu
If you have a late flight why not…?
Explore the ancient city of Patan or experience a breathtaking Everest mountain flight!
Please click on the arrows to take a photographic journey through Nar Phu.
Join us on a visual journey through the Himalaya to Nar and Phu.
We trek into a very remote part of Nepal at high altitude. There’s a variety of steep ascents and descents and we sometimes trek for up to 9 hours per day. We may also cross a snow-covered pass of 5,322m. A good level of fitness is required.
Though we predominantly stay in teahouses, accommodation is still quite basic in this area. Once we leave the Annapurna trail, we may not see another tourist on the whole trek. You may also need to use flexible walking crampons and an ice axe when we cross the snow-capped pass. Don’t worry, we’ll provide these and can teach you how to use them whilst in Nepal. Trekkers need to be sure-footed, confident and/or experienced walkers on this one.
- 2 nights in hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- 2 nights camping; tents, cooking staff and all necessary equipment provided.
- 12 nights in teahouse accommodation
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- Included meals: All meals while trekking, breakfasts, welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu. There’s a wide selection of Western, Chinese and Nepalese food on offer in the teahouses – we’ll let you choose what you’d like. When we camp, you’ll have plenty of choice too
- 1 fully qualified, first aid trained Trekking Guide
- Afternoon tea and biscuits while trekking
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- Satellite phone (to be used for organising logistics and in emergencies)
- Guides will check in with our office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are an ABTA and ATOL bonded and insured, UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Small groups. No more than 12 people on a set departure trip
- Trekking kit bag
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with plenty of staff so you can walk at your own pace. We let you walk at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s not included?
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy from $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- Tips to porters/local guide
Travelling to Nepal
You’ll need a passport with 6-month’s validity as well as a Nepalese visa. The best way to obtain this is to buy it on entry to Nepal in any major currency but not Nepali Rupees. Typically, the cost is USD30 for 15 days.
You’ll also need travel insurance and you should visit your GP or a health professional at least 4-6 weeks before you travel to check which vaccinations you may need.
For more info on travelling safely and obtaining a visa, see the FCO Know Before You Go campaign.
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude.
Recent Trip Reports
What Our Guests Say
Groups: Private Treks and Group Tours
Charities, Schools, Military, Private Groups and Tailor Made Trips for Individuals
All our tours can be run privately for you and your group, from solo travellers to groups of over 50. We specialise in organising bespoke tours for groups of friends, charity challenges, school groups, mountaineering clubs, families, and countless others.
Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
We love working with charity challengers! We have our own charity (Share the Load Foundation) and are inspired by your determination to fundraise for worthy causes. That’s why we will do everything we can to help you achieve your goals during a charity challenge. We provide support from start to finish, including fundraising tips, training plans and the very best in-country support.
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Asian Lost Earth Adventure.
We are an Approved Military Contractor and provide many courses, expeditions and adventure training for groups of serving personnel and Cadets.
We understand honeymooners need a bit of champagne sparkle, some celebrations warrant the inclusion of heli-trekking and spa treatments, and that the very active relax with white-water rafting after summiting 6,000m peaks. Decades of research and our extensive in-country network mean anything is possible. Get in touch and we’ll start preparing your perfect adventure.
Information for group leaders & group discounts
Depending on your trip and number of participants, we can offer groups of 10 or more a complimentary place or a discount for all adventurers. Schools trips can benefit from free places for teachers, whilst we can discount rates for charity challenges. Contact us with your details and requirements and we will get a quote to you within one working day.
We also appreciate the effort it takes to coordinate a group of people so in exchange for your efforts, we will give group organisers of 10+ people a £150 Cotswold gift voucher; perfect for kitting yourself out ahead of your big adventure!
All group members receive a complimentary kit bag, t-shirt and a voucher code for 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor.
For Your Information
Health and safety and financial protection
At Lost Earth Adventures, health and safety is our top priority. All our trips are run to UK and international safety standards, and are proud to surpass these standards in many areas. We are an ABTA and ATOL bonded tour operator, ensuring your financial protection.
Full details of our policies and protections are available here.