Secret Trails of Nar Phu
An Adventurous Trek Exploring the Remote Valleys of Nar and Phu
16 Day Tour – Both set departures and private expeditions available
Discover the hidden valleys, remote villages and ancient monasteries of Nar Phu on a spectacular, adventurous trek. Walk amongst a region that has been left untouched by modern amenities and experience the Tibetan culture that thrives here.
Beginning in the lower reaches of the Annapurna Circuit, walk along rugged mountain trails, carved into vast, steep sided gorges. Trek through enchanted forests of pine, oak and colourful rhododendrons and experience the lush, verdant greens of the valley floors below. Be mesmerised by the awe-inspiring snow capped peaks, like Manaslu and Annapurna II. The scenery is nothing short of amazing.
The trail veers into the restricted area of Nar Phu, having only been opened to visitors since 2003 and the difference from the busier trails of the Annapurna Circuit is evident. You’ll be visiting a region few others have explored. This is trekking at its absolute finest and an experience not to be missed!
For a full list of what is included download the Secret Trails of Nah Phu Trek dossier
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Remote monasteries, gompas and villages of Nar and Phu
- Crossing the Kang La
- Ancient Tibetan culture and lifestyle
- Colourful rhododendron forests and lush valleys
- A fully supported and well-organised expedition
- Experiencing an adventurous and off the beaten path trek
- Outstanding mountain views across the Himalaya, including the Annapurna’s and Manaslu
- Marsyangdi Valley and the Annapurna Circuit
Want more adventure? Combine this tour with one of our other trips or treks to Nepal for an outstanding 31-day holiday!
Dates and Prices
Food is now included on all treks and trip inclusions have been revised on 20/12/2016
Allow £550-700 for return flights from London or Manchester. For all of your flying requirements please visit our page on flight information.
Runs Saturday to Sunday, 16 days
There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday. For a full list of what is and what isn’t included, download the Secret Trails of Nah Phu Trek dossier
This trip is guaranteed to run with a minimum of 4 people.
We can run this tour as a private trip at any time you like. If you have a group smaller than 4 people there may be a surcharge, please contact us for more information. The best time to travel to Nepal is from March to May and October to December.
Set Departure / Open Group Event Dates
|07 Oct 2017||Full||BOOK NOW|
|14 Oct 2017||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|21 Oct 2017||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|28 Oct 2017||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|11 Nov 2017||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|31 Mar 2018||Full||BOOK NOW|
|07 Apr 2018||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|21 Apr 2018||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|06 Oct 2018||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|13 Oct 2018||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|20 Oct 2018||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|27 Oct 2018||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|17 Nov 2018||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|06 Apr 2019||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|20 Apr 2019||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|12 Oct 2019||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|19 Oct 2019||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|02 Nov 2019||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|09 Nov 2019||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
A deposit of £200 secures your place on the trip and the balance is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Monthly payment plans can be set up on request. If you book less than 60 days before the start of the trip then the full amount is due immediately.
If you are a previous client of Lost Earth Adventures you will receive a loyalty discount of 5%.
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
We reserve the right to change our prices until the moment you pay your deposit. Once your deposit has been paid there is a guaranteed no price change. There are no hidden charges or extras, the price we quote you when you book is the price you and your group will be paying.
Extend your trip in Nepal by 2 more weeks
Check the departure dates of our other Nepal tours here. Get a 5% discount off of the lower priced tour when you book two trips for yourself!
We don’t charge a single supplement fee if you’re a solo traveller. Our prices are based on staying in twin share rooms with a member of the same sex or your travelling companion. If you wish to stay in your own room there will be a £75 charge for this trip. In some circumstances single rooms may not be available for example when we stay in the tea houses there is limited accommodation. We will always try to meet your requirements. The £75 must be paid with the final balance.
If you like to indulge and treat yourself every now and then (and who doesn’t?) we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend the following hotels for a touch of 5 star luxury in Kathmandu.
Day Tours and Extensions to Nepal Trips
Want More Adventure?Explore holy temples or endearing hilltop villages, discover the exotic capital, or seek out nature and tranquillity in the beautiful Himalayan landscape. From bungee jumping and white water rafting to scenic rambles and hidden gems why not extend your trip to make it truly a unique and once in a lifetime trip!
Continue reading about Nepal day tours and side tripsClick here for more information on Nepal.
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organizing your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2: Drive in 4×4 Jeep – Kathmandu to Jagat (1,800m)
- Day 3: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani (1,860m)
- Day 4: Trek from Dharapani to Koto (2,600m)
- Day 5: Trek from Koto to Meta (3,550m)
- Day 6: Trek from Meta to Kyang (3,800m) li>
- Day 7: Trek from Kyang to Phu (4,080m)
- Day 8: Phu – Rest and Exploration Day
- Day 9: Trek from Phu to Nar Phedi (3,550m)
- Day 10: Trek from Nar Phedi to Nar (4,180m)
- Day 11: Trek from Nar to Kang La Phedi (4,530m)
- Day 12: Trek from Kang La Phedi to Ngawal (3,657m) via Kang La (5,322m)
- Day 13: Trek from Ngawal to Chame (2,060m)
- Day 14: Trek from Chame to Jagat (1,300m)
- Day 15: Drive in 4×4 Jeep – Jagat to Kathmandu
- Day 16: Depart Kathmandu
If you have a late flight why not…
Explore the ancient city of Patan or experience a breathtaking Everest mountain flight!
Please click on the arrows to take a photographic journey through Nar Phu.
We trek into a very remote part of Nepal at high altitude. There are a variety of steep ascents and descents, and we sometimes trek for up to 9 hours per day. We also cross a possibly snow covered pass of 5,322m. As with most things a certain degree of fitness will make this trip more enjoyable.
Recent Trip Reports
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- 12 nights teahouse accommodation
- 2 nights camping, tents, cooking staff and all necessary equipment.
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- Fully qualified, first aid trained guide
- Included meals: All meals while trekking, breakfasts in Kathmandu, welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu. The food available in the tea houses is brilliant and there is a large selection of western, Chinese and Nepalese food available for you to choose from. We do not want you to be restricted in what you eat and want you to enjoy the vast menus and locally grown produce of the tea houses. We will let you eat whatever you want from the menu at meal time. On the nights we camp we will provide you with plenty of food and hot drinks.
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- Thuraya satellite phone (to be used for organising logistics and in emergencies)
- Guides will check in daily with our UK office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are a fully bonded and insured UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Small groups. No more than 12 people on a set departure trip
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with two leaders so you can walk at your own pace. We let you walk at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Trekking kit bag
- Photo book
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy for $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- International flights
- Tips to porters/local guide
For a full list of what is included download the Secret Trails of Nah Phu Trek dossier
What Our Guests Say
Groups: Private Treks and Group Tours
Charities, Schools, Private Groups and Tailor Made Trips for Individuals
All our tours can be run privately for you and your group, from solo travellers to groups of over 50. We specialise in organising bespoke tours for groups of friends, charity challenges, school groups, mountaineering clubs, families, and countless others.
We love working with charity challengers! We have our own charity (Share the Load Foundation) and are inspired by your determination to fundraise for worthy causes. That’s why we will do everything we can to help you achieve your goals during a charity challenge. We provide support from start to finish, including fundraising tips, training plans and the very best in-country support.
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Asian Lost Earth Adventure.
We understand honeymooners need a bit of champagne sparkle, some celebrations warrant the inclusion of heli-trekking and spa treatments, and that the very active relax with white-water rafting after summiting 6,000m peaks. Decades of research and our extensive in-country network mean anything is possible. Get in touch and we’ll start preparing your perfect adventure.
Information for group leaders & group discounts
Depending on your trip and number of participants, we can offer groups of 10 or more a complimentary place or a discount for all adventurers. Schools trips can benefit from free places for teachers, whilst we can discount rates for charity challenges. Contact us with your details and requirements and we will get a quote to you within one working day.
We also appreciate the effort it takes to coordinate a group of people so in exchange for your efforts, we will give group organisers of 10+ people a £150 Cotswold gift voucher; perfect for kitting yourself out ahead of your big adventure!
All group members receive a complimentary kit bag, t-shirt and a voucher code for 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor.
For Your Information
Health and safety and financial protection
At Lost Earth Adventures, health and safety is our top priority. All our trips are run to UK and international safety standards, and are proud to surpass these standards in many areas. We are a fully bonded tour operator, ensuring your financial protection.
Full details of our policies and protections are available here.