Deluxe Heli Biking Holiday in Nepal
7-day Heli-Biking Tour – Annapurnas Nepal
Epic. Wild. Remote. The highest mountains and the longest rideable descent on earth, accessed by a privately chartered helicopter. A unique, once in a lifetime experience. If you’re looking for that next level trip, something beyond extraordinary, this is for you.
Arrive in Kathmandu and stay in 5* luxury as you acquaint yourself with new surroundings. You’ll then take a light aircraft west to the Annapurna’s, where the real adventure begins. With our own private chopper, we fly up to a breathless 5400m above sea level. You’ll be rewarded with 360-degree panoramic views and have an audience with the world’s 7th and 10th highest peaks.
With the finest lines scouted from the air we’ll descend, descend, descend. Over three days, experience flowing terrain, technical single track and fast trails. Our expert guides have spent a lifetime exploring this remote part of the world. You’ll be experiencing the cream of the crop.
The bar’s been set high and dare we say it – this is the best mountain biking trip in the world.
- Miles of untouched downhill biking terrain
- Remote Heli Accessed Trails
- Landing on the Thorung La, at 5400m
- 360-degree views of the Annapurna’s, Manaslu and Dhaulgiri
- Luxury spa accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Natural hot springs
- Expert guides ensuring you get the best experience possible
- Experience the thrill of 4,530m of descent; the world’s longest mountain bike descent!
Any aspect of this exclusive trip can be tailored to your individual needs. Just let us know and we’ll make it happen!
Touching down in Kathmandu we’ll have you inside the Hyatt Regency, a 5* luxury hotel, within 30 minutes of us loading the bags into your car. Set in the centre of Kathmandu and overlooking the famous Boudhanath Stupa, the Hyatt is a secluded garden oasis, away from the city’s frenetic pace. A great place to relax, take a swim or enjoy a cocktail.
Flying in a Jetstream-41 Turbo Prop, you’ll see eight of the world’s fourteen peaks over 8000m before arriving at an exclusive spa hotel in Pokhara. Choose to indulge in high cuisine or take a rowing boat on the lake, even run to the top of a mountain to burn off some steam or test your mountain bike on the local trails – tomorrow’s the big one!
Skimming the lake at Pokhara before banking north, our privately chartered helicopter thunders between the summits of the world’s 7th and 10th highest mountains, darting across the world’s deepest gorge. Scoping out the lines we’ll cut, our skids will touch on the snow at 5400m. Just long enough for us to pull out the bikes and say adios.
From here it’s 4600m of some of the most challenging rideable terrain on the planet. This is not for the apprentice rider this is a high altitude, technical descent for those that hit it hard. The trails are flowing steep single track on high Himalayan ridges, dusty chutes, high speed switchbacks and several hours of awesome descent each day.
We’ll be shredding for three days straight. Epic doesn’t even begin to describe it. Tonight we’ll put our heads down in Tukuche.
Riding on the banks of the raging Kali Ghandaki river, with 40km to cover, we’ll ease into the day on the flat lands beneath the north face of Dhaulagiri. Over half the distance is downhill, dropping 1400m in altitude. The rest is on rolling flats, with minimal uphill. In the evening, raise a glass or too, sink a cold beer and treat tired muscles in natural hot spring pools.
The air is noticeably richer and the scenery more vibrant, as we reach the lower ground. Ride on gentle sloping terrain and wide jeep track, back into the lush surroundings of the Himalayan foothills to the village of Beni. At the end of the ride a short drive takes us the rest of the way into the relaxed, lakeside town of Pokhara.
Day 6 – Rest day in Pokhara
Today is free to explore Pokhara. Relax with a refreshing chai (traditional Nepalese tea) on a rooftop restaurant, or shop for some locally made handicrafts and souvenirs.
You’ll be staying in a hotel with full spa facilities, so you might just choose to put your feet up by the pool and soak in the memories of the last few days.
Day 7 – Depart Kathmandu
An early morning flight takes us across central Nepal and back into the bustling capital city, where it’s the end of the adventure. Transfers to the airport are complimentary. See you next time!
NB: The trails are flowing steep single track that would be graded a solid red if using trail centre grading system. You are flying directly to altitude and as you are descending rapidly this is not too much of an issue but you should be of tough character and be aware that you are in a remote setting at high altitude doing a risky activity. This trip is not for the faint of heart.
- 3 nights luxury hotel accommodation in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- 2 nights teahouse accommodation (while cycling)
- Full suspension mountain bikes – Giant Trance X’s or very similar
- freshly serviced bike every day
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- Return flights from Kathmandu to Pokahara
- 3-day mountain biking (including bike and helmet rental, national park permit and local guide/mechanic)
- Fully qualified, first aid trained leader
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- Thuraya satellite phone (to be used for organising logistics and in emergencies)
- Guides will check in daily with our UK office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are a fully bonded and insured UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like
- After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with two leaders so you can ride at your own pace
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Map of our cycle route through the Annapurna’s
- Photo book
NB: We understand you will want the freedom to choose where you dine and so we do not include meals on this tour. Instead, we will take you to the best places to eat in the entire country depending on your requirements.
Dates and Prices
We can run this tour for you at anytime you like. Prices are dependant on your group size, please see below.
|Number of People||Price Per
|Price for 1 person
|Price for 2 people
|Price for 3 People
|Price for 4 People
|Price for 5 People
For more mountain bike itineraries visit the Nepal Mountain Bike Tours page