Youth Expeditions and Trips to Nepal
Schools, Guides, Scouts, Cadets and Youth Groups
Educational Group Treks and Fully Organised Community Projects
Travel is the ultimate way for young people to develop independence and confidence. By giving students ownership of their Lost Earth Adventure, students develop leadership, personal responsibility and team working skills. Each student will have the opportunity to lead the group, taking responsibility for decisions during the expedition, and also have to work together as a team to achieve their objectives.
With the option to blend adventure and socially responsible volunteer programmes, a Lost Earth Adventure will allow students to step out of their comfort zone, push their physical limits and expand their world view by understanding how people live in other cultures and communities.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
The adventure section of the expedition can be trekking, biking, white water rafting, or a combination of any number of adventurous activities!
You can choose to trek to the iconic Everest Base Camp, Annapurna Base Camp or a whole host of other famous Himalaya passes and peaks. Students will either stay under canvas or in mountain huts, giving them a chance to really experience what life in the Himalaya is really like.
Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award
Do something incredible and complete the expedition element of the Award in the Himalaya! Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award expeditions are always unforgettable for the participants, but none more so than those completed in the shadow of Himalayan Giants. Contact us to see how we can support you to make this a reality!
Read more about possible ideas for the adventurous expeditions.
Get yourselves ready!
We can provide training weekends and programmes as part of the build up to expedition to get everyone ready for the challenges ahead.
Please Contact Us to find out how your team can get prepared for their adventure.
Group Community Projects
Our socially responsible volunteer programmes are designed to make a difference to the communities we work in as well as empower the students. All of our volunteer programmes only run if we know they will genuinely have a positive impact on the communities we work in.
By encouraging our Adventurers to look at the bigger picture, they will develop a sense of pride for what they have done to support the development of lesser-advantaged communities. Alongside this, the work in-country will help students will develop confidence, improve their team-work, and deepen their cultural understanding.
The combination of fundraising prior to departure and active participation during the expedition means the teams become as invested as we are in these projects. This means our Adventurers go home with the memories of an unforgettable, life changing experience that will help them grow into mature, socially conscious global citizens.
Once you have returned home, we will continue to keep you updated with the progress of any projects you have been involved in.
Read more about our charity work.
The Lost Earth Adventures Way: What Makes Us Different?
- Lost Earth Adventures is an industry leader and is one of the UK’s largest independent professional school challenge specialists. We are experts in expedition planning and event organisation, with over two decades of experience behind us.
- We take a personal approach to our expeditions. You will always be able to speak directly to someone in our office who has experienced the challenges we offer in Nepal. From your initial enquiry right through to your return, you will have an Account Manager who will always be available to answer questions and provide all the support you need.
- For the full duration of your challenge, we provide support 24/7 from our Operations Centre in the UK. We also have a large network of support staff in-country. Your group will be equipped with satellite phones. No matter how remote you are, in an emergency we are always available.
- We have the manpower, in the field and at the office. This means we are flexible, for example we can easily provide extra staff at a moment’s notice if your group size changes or a key member of staff falls ill or gets injured.
- Our recruitment process is rigorous. Your team will have an Expedition Leader with at least the industry standard internationally recognised qualifications. Not only that, all our UK staff and Nepalese guides have been recruited because they are personable, approachable, enthusiastic and fun! Read more about our staff training and qualifications.
- Don’t just take our word for it, see what our clients are saying about us on our reviews page.
- No hidden fees, no hidden costs. Simply pay the deposit to book your expedition and the final balance of the trip is due 60 days beforehand. After your deposit is paid we have a “no price increase” guarantee.
Our expedition packages include everything you need to make your trip run smoothly:
- All Meals
- All accommodation
- Transport in country
- Complimentary spaces for teachers based on group size
- Pre-departure briefings, kit lists and support
- All activities as per the finalised itinerary
- An experienced and qualified Expedition Leader
- Option to include UK based training weekends for the team
Planning and preparing shouldn’t all be about paperwork! We take the hassle and stress out of organising your group event by providing you with all of the necessary risk assessments, equipment and clothing kit lists and safety briefings.
Please let us know when booking what you’d like us to provide and we will do our best to make it happen!
We can also tailor parts of your itineraries to the National Curriculum, allowing your students to engage in deep learning by seeing theories and models learnt in the classroom come to life..
The safety of our teams is always our top priority. All our expeditions are run according to UK safety standards, and our 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure the safety and well-being of our team members on their Lost Earth Adventure.
For Your Information
- Expeditions run to BS8848 standards
- We have an Adventurous Activities Association License (AALA License)
- All leaders and local guides/instructors are trained to UK standards
- We have detailed risk assessments for every activity we run
- Lost Earth Adventures has full public and product liability insurance
- All staff working with children have undergone DBS (formally CRB) checks
- We have a child protection policy
- We have fully qualified instructors
All of these documents are available on request. To read more about our AALA License and our safety policies click here.