Hadrians Wall Walking Challenge
2-Day and 3-Day Guided Hike of Hadrian’s Wall
Follow the Romans on the Best Part of Hadrian’s Wall
Join us on a 2-day or 3-day walking challenge and see the best of Hadrian’s Wall, a UNESCO World Heritage site and Europe’s largest surviving Roman monument. Walking Hadrian’s Wall is staggeringly beautiful, soak up the history with the vast and rugged landscape stretching on for miles all around you.
Walk from Corbridge and sweep through splendid countryside, dramatic moors and woodland to reach Haltwhistle, nicknamed the centre of Britain. You’ll have time to explore this nature lover’s paradise, where rare flowers and plants found nowhere else in the UK blossom.
Below is a typical itinerary for our 2-day walk:
Day 1 – 09:00: Meet your guide in Newcastle city centre and travel to Hexham via train (35 mins, £7) or meet your guide in Hexham. Take a short journey by minibus to the wall (included in price. Then, walk to Twice Brewed (12 miles/19 kilometres) past the remains of several Roman forts.
Day 2 – 09:00: Start the day with a hearty breakfast. Walk from Twice Brewed to Haltwhistle along the very best of Hadrian’s Wall. At the highest point, you can see the whole route from beginning to end and almost coast to coast. Finish with a celebratory pint before taking a train back to Newcastle (45 mins, £13) or Hexham (20 mins, £7).
Here’s an itinerary for our 3-day trek:
Day 1 – 09:00: Corbridge to Humshaugh. Meet your guide in Newcastle city centre or Corbridge (35 mins from Newcastle by train, £6.50). Then, walk to Humshaugh (6 miles/9 kilometres walking).
Day 2 – 09:00: Start the day with a hearty breakfast. We then walk from Humshaugh to Twice Brewed (13 miles/21 kilometres) along the very best of Hadrian’s Wall. At the highest point, you can see the whole route from beginning to end and almost coast to coast.
Day 3 – 09:00: Another breakfast, another beautiful day. Walk from Twice Brewed to Greenhead, then to Haltwhistle. Walk along more of the ancient wall and step back in time in this genuinely special countryside. Finish in Haltwhistle for a celebratory pint before jumping on a regular train back to Newcastle (45 mins, £13.50) or Corbridge (25 mins, £7). 12 miles/19 kilometres walking.
These are approximate itineraries. We may need to change the route and accommodation based on your group size and your dates, though this is rare. We’ll let you know if we need to change anything when you book.
Dates and Prices
We only offer our Hadrian’s Wall Challenge as a private event.
|Number of People||Price|
|£229||Book Now||16+ people|
|Number of People||Price|
|£329||Book Now||31+ people|
- Guided walk along Hadrian’s Wall
- Your guide(s) will be highly experienced Mountain Leaders at ratio of 1:12
- Two nights’ dormitory accommodation. B+B accommodation is available for a £65 supplement per person when sharing or a £170 supplement for private B+B accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (1 of each for 2-day walks, 2 of each for 3-day walks)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first-aider(s)
- 24-hrs operations assistance
- Professional and trusted event management to suit any group size
- Financial protection
- Fitness plan and information pack
- Completion certificate to prove you did it! (£3 per person incl. postage)
- We have an Adventurous Activities Association License (AALA License). The highest accreditation for this industry as certified by the British Government.
- We have detailed risk assessments for every activity we run
- Lost Earth Adventures has full public and product liability insurance
- All staff working with children have undergone DBS (formally CRB) checks
- We have a child protection policy
- Travel to the start and finish points of the trip
Hadrian’s Haul – We can have your bags transported for you. You are staying in accommodation that provides bedding so you don’t need to carry very much with you but if you want a few luxuries then you may want an overnight bag transported to each night stop for you, then returned at the end. Prices for this are £25 per person for the whole 3-day trip or £19 for the 2-day trip.
Doing this event for charity?
What about safety?
What equipment and clothes do I need?
We’ve written a kit list for you.
What food is included on the walk?
For our two-day walks, we provide dinner on the first day and breakfast and lunch on the second day. For our three-day walks, we provide dinner on the first day, breakfast, lunch and dinner on the second day, and breakfast and lunch on the third day. You’ll need to bring your own packed lunch for the first day or we can arrange this for £7,95 per person.
Can children walk Hadrian’s Wall?
Children aged 12 and above are most welcome on this challenge. We hold an AALA license, the highest accreditation for this activity as certified by the British government. We have no upper age limit, so long as you have the required determination and a sense of adventure!
What about our impact?
You can see our Responsible Tourism Policy here.