Trek to Annapurna Base Camp
A World Class Trek Exploring the Annapurna Sanctuary
£1495-£1595, 15 Day Tour – Both set departures and private expeditions available
Experience the majesty of the Annapurna Sanctuary and trek up close and into the high Himalayan alpine on this stunning teahouse trek to Annapurna Base Camp.
Begin on the doorstep of the world’s highest mountains before quickly ascending into a Himalayan wonderland. The ABC Trek follows valleys of rich, verdant forest and sparkling mountain rivers, trekking through traditional Gurung villages. The highlight and reward for your efforts is reaching a natural amphitheatre surrounded by panoramic views of towering 7,000m and 8,000m peaks, including Annapurna 1, Gangapurna and the spectacular Machhapuchhare (Fish Tail Mountain).
Soak in the glorious sunrise views on top of Poon Hill, walk in the footsteps of mountaineering history, and indulge in a relaxing dip in natural hot springs on our descent from the sanctuary.
No amount of words on a page or an image from a postcard can do this world-class trek justice. You’ll just have to see the staggering beauty of the Annapurna’s for yourself!
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Annapurna Base Camp and Machhapuchhare Base Camp
- Stand right below the imposing south face of Annapurna
- The UNESCO Kathmandu Valley and Temples
- Colourful rhododendron forests and lush valleys
- A fully supported and well-organised expedition
- 360 degree views of the world’s highest mountains
- Sunrise from Poon Hill
- Jhinu Natural Hot Springs
Want more adventure? Combine this tour with one of our other trips or treks to Nepal for an outstanding 31-day holiday!
Dates and Prices
Open Group Events: from £1595
Private Tour Prices: from £1495
(dependent on group size)
Please contact us with your requirements to receive a private group price within 24-hours. We can provide private tours from individuals to groups of one hundred or more and prices are quite reasonable.
Allow £550-800 for return flights from London or Manchester. To book flights, click here.
We accept foreign payments, please visit our foreign currency page.
Runs Sunday to Sunday, 15 days
There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday. For a full list of what is included download the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek dossier. This trip is guaranteed to run with a minimum of 4 people.
You will find our private tour prices are surprisingly reasonable. We can provide private tours for individuals to groups of one hundred or more. Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
The best time to travel to Nepal is from March to May and October to December.
Set Departure / Open Group Event Dates
|Tour Dates 2019|
(any date you’d like)
(varies by group size)
|CONTACT US||07 Apr 2019|
|13 Oct 2019|
|Tour Dates 2020|
(any date you’d like)
(varies by group size)
|CONTACT US||05 Apr 2020|
|11 Oct 2020|
A deposit of £200 secures your place on the trip and the balance is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Monthly payment plans can be set up on request. If you book less than 60 days before the start of the trip then the full amount is due immediately.
If you are a previous client of Lost Earth Adventures you will receive a loyalty discount of 5%.
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
Once your deposit has been paid there is a guaranteed no price change. There are no hidden charges or extras, the price we quote you when you book is the price you and your group will be paying.
Extend Your Trip in Nepal by 2 More Weeks
Check the departure dates of our other Nepal tours here. Get a 5% discount off of the lower priced tour when you book two trips for yourself!
If you want to arrive early or depart later then we can arrange accommodation and transport for you. Please contact us with any requests.
If you like to indulge and treat yourself every now and then (and who doesn’t?) we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend the following hotels for a touch of 5 star luxury in Kathmandu.
Day Tours and Extensions to Nepal Trips
Want More Adventure?
Explore holy temples or endearing hilltop villages, discover the exotic capital, or seek out nature and tranquillity in the beautiful Himalayan landscape. From bungee jumping and white water rafting to scenic rambles and hidden gems why not extend your trip to make it truly a unique and once in a lifetime trip!
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organizing your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2: Guided tour of Kathmandu Valley
- Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Day 4: Drive to Nayapul; trek to Tirkhedunga (1,540m)
- Day 5: Trek from Tirkhadunga to Ghorepani (2,856m)
- Day 6: Trek from Ghorepani to Tadapani via Poon Hill (2,625m)
- Day 7: Trek from Tadapani to Chhomrong (2,020m)
- Day 8: Trek from Chomrong to Doban (2,505m)
- Day 9: Trek from Doban to Deurali (3,100m)
- Day 10: Trek from Deurali to Machapuchare Base Camp (3,700 m)
- Day 11: Trek from Machapuchare Base Camp to Annapurna Basecamp (for sunrise) to Himalaya (2,800m)
- Day 12: Trek from Himalaya to Jhinu Dhanda (2,170m)
- Day 13: Trek from Jhinu Danda to Naya Pul; drive to Pokhara (1,070m)
- Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 15: Depart Kathmandu
If you have a late flight why not…
Explore the ancient city of Patan or experience a breathtaking Everest mountain flight!
Please click on the arrows to take a photographic journey to Annapurna Base Camp.
Recent Trip Reports
- Annapurna Sanctuary Trek Report Sept 2015
- Annapurna Sanctuary Trek Report Oct 2015
- End of Season Report Autumn 2018
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude.
- 5 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu/ Pokhara
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- 9 nights teahouse accommodation
- Included meals: All meals while trekking, breakfasts in Kathmandu, welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu. No meals in Pokhara or the journey to and from Pokhara. The food available in the tea houses is brilliant and there is a large selection of western, Chinese and Nepalese food available for you to choose from. We do not want you to be restricted in what you eat and want you to enjoy the vast menus and locally grown produce of the tea houses. We will let you choose whatever meal you want from the menus at meal times.
- 1 fully qualified, first aid trained Trekking Guide
- Afternoon tea and biscuits while trekking
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- Sufficient means of communication. Satellite phones can be rented on request for £10 per day.
- Guides will check in with our office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are an ABTA and ATOL bonded and insured, UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Small groups. No more than 12 people on a set departure trip
- Trekking kit bag
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with plenty of staff so you can walk at your own pace. We let you walk at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Map of the trekking route
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy for $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- International flights
- Tips to porters/local guide
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
Travelling to Nepal
You will need a passport with 6-month’s validity and you will need to obtain a Nepalese visa. The easiest way to get the visa is to buy it on entry to Nepal with either dollars or any major currency but not Nepali Rupees. Currently the cost for a single-entry visa valid for 15/30/90 days costs US$25/40/100. You can buy a visa in advance from the Neplese embassy in your home country if they have a location there. It is more expensive than buying it on arrival in Kathmandu and it doesn’t always save you time when you arrive as it is random which queue is longer. You also have to risk sending your passport off and they may take it for several weeks. You will need to buy travel insurance for your trip which you can find out about here. You also need to visit your GP or travel health professional at least 4-6 weeks before your trip to check what vaccinations you need.
For more information about travelling safely and obtaining passports you can see more at the FCO know before you go Travel Aware Campaign.
What Our Guests Say
Join us on a visual journey through the Himalaya to Annapurna Base Camp.
Groups: Private Treks and Group Tours
Charities, Schools, Military, Private Groups and Tailor Made Trips for Individuals
All our tours can be run privately for you and your group, from solo travellers to groups of over 50. We specialise in organising bespoke tours for groups of friends, charity challenges, school groups, mountaineering clubs, families, and countless others.
Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
We love working with charity challengers! We have our own charity (Share the Load Foundation) and are inspired by your determination to fundraise for worthy causes. That’s why we will do everything we can to help you achieve your goals during a charity challenge. We provide support from start to finish, including fundraising tips, training plans and the very best in-country support.
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Asian Lost Earth Adventure.
We are an Approved Military Contractor and provide many courses, expeditions and adventure training for groups of serving personnel and Cadets.
We understand honeymooners need a bit of champagne sparkle, some celebrations warrant the inclusion of heli-trekking and spa treatments, and that the very active relax with white-water rafting after summiting 6,000m peaks. Decades of research and our extensive in-country network mean anything is possible. Get in touch and we’ll start preparing your perfect adventure.
Information for group leaders & group discounts
Depending on your trip and number of participants, we can offer groups of 10 or more a complimentary place or a discount for all adventurers. Schools trips can benefit from free places for teachers, whilst we can discount rates for charity challenges. Contact us with your details and requirements and we will get a quote to you within one working day.
We also appreciate the effort it takes to coordinate a group of people so in exchange for your efforts, we will give group organisers of 10+ people a £150 Cotswold gift voucher; perfect for kitting yourself out ahead of your big adventure!
All group members receive a complimentary kit bag, t-shirt and a voucher code for 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor.
For Your Information
Health and safety and financial protection
At Lost Earth Adventures, health and safety is our top priority. All our trips are run to UK and international safety standards, and are proud to surpass these standards in many areas. We are an ABTA and ATOL bonded tour operator, ensuring your financial protection.
Full details of our policies and protections are available here.