A Himalayan Trek through Four Valleys
Trek through Gosainkunda, Shiva Puri, Helambu and Langtang
27-Day Tailor Made Trekking Adventure for Steve Cushing
16th March 2017 – 11th April 2017
A land of intrigue and mystique, of yaks and yetis, and of the greatest mountain range in the world, the mighty Himalaya, Nepal is a country that will inspire and enchant! Hike to the majestic Langtang Valley, through spectacular alpine meadows, past raging glacial fed rivers, experiencing traditional Tamang culture along the way. Wander through the chaotic streets of Kathmandu and find calm and tranquility within the temples and monasteries. Follow the Trishuli River to Pokhara and relax on the lake watching the sun rise on the Annapurnas. Nepal, a country of astounding natural beauty, and warm, hospitable people is truly the last Shangri-La.
The Helambu Trek is very popular amongst those looking to get off the beaten path and combine breathtaking scenery, culture and tradition all on the same amazing trail. After immersing ourselves in the mountains of the Langtang, we will head to the land of the Sherpa, visiting some very remote mountain communities scattered on both sides of the Malemchi Khola. Along our route we pass through small villages and gain an insight to the traditional life and culture of the residents. Coupled with breathtaking panoramic mountain views, this trek really gives you the sense of being away from it all, enjoying the serenity of the Himalaya.
For a full list of what is included download the Langtang Trekking dossier (PDF 0.6MB) Please note this is for our standard 15 day itinerary but it will give you a good idea of what to expect.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Trek into the secluded and beautiful Langtang Valley
- Opportunities to hike up 5000m peaks with an experienced guide
- See 4 of the world’s 8000m mountains
- Watch the sunset on the mystical Gosainkunda Lakes
- Enjoy the pristine untouched nature and changing landscapes of the Helambu
- Experience traditional Tamang culture
- The UNESCO Kathmandu Valley and Temples
- Fly amongst giants in a spectacular Mt. Everest scenic flight
- 4×4 Jeep trip into the Himalayas
- A fully supported and well-organised expedition
- Travel in a private vehicle to re-visit Pokhara
- Part of The Great Himalaya Trail
Want more adventure? There is lots to do in and around Kathmandu! See what excursions we can offer you.
Dates and Prices
Allow £550-700 for return flights from London or Manchester.There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday.
For a complete list of what’s included and what’s not included please see the Trek to the Last Shangri La Dossier (PDF 0.6MB). Please note this is for our standard 15 day itinerary but it will give you a good idea of what to expect.
For all of your flying requirements please click here.
If you are coming on a second or third tour you will get a loyalty discount of 5%
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
We do not impose ‘local payments’ or have any hidden charges. There is a guaranteed ‘no price increase’ in the trip price after you have paid your deposit.
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organizing your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2: UNESCO Kathmandu Valley 3 temples tour (optional)
- Day 3: Drive west to Pokhara, a laid back town with the spectacular Annapurna Massif as a backdrop
- Day 4: Early morning views from the World Peace Pagoda. Spend the rest of the day exploring Pokhara
- Day 5: See the sun rise from the hill of Sarankot. Spend the rest of the day exploring Pokhara
- Day 6: Bandipur – Experience traditional Newari culture and outstanding mountain views in Bandipur whilst staying in a beautifully restored Newari mansion.
- Day 7: Return to Kathmandu
- Day 8: Explore Patan
- Day 9: 4×4 Jeep trip through the Himalaya.
- Day 10-13: Trek into the beautiful and remote Langtang Valley.
- Day 14-16: Kiangin Gompa. Hike a 5000m peak, walk to the base of Langtang Lirung, step foot on cascading glaciers, or go in search of the elusive yeti!
- Day 17-25: Kiangin Gompa to Kathmandu via Gosainkunda Lakes and Helambu allowing plenty of time to rest, acclimatize, take pictures and climb various peaks en-route.
- Day 26: Visit Durbar Square in the heart of Kathmandu, ride through the streets in a cycle rickshaw, bargain for saris and scarves and explore our favourite city! Or we can arrange many other excursions as relaxed or adventurous as you like!
- Day 27: Depart for home
Want More Adventure?
Explore the ancient city of Patan or experience a breathtaking Everest mountain flight! See what else you can add to your trip here.
Click on the arrows to enjoy a photographic adventure through the Langtang
Click on the arrows to enjoy a photographic adventure through the Langtang
- 9 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- 16 nights teahouse accommodation during trek
- 1 night in Bandipur – Newari style hotel
- Guided tour of Patan
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- Trekking permits
- 2 Porters to carry luggage
- Thuraya satellite phone (to be used for organising logistics and in emergencies)
- Guides will check in daily with our UK office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are a fully bonded and insured UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- 1 fully qualified, first aid trained English speaking local guide
- Meals as described in the dossier (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=Dinner).
- Map of the Langtang Valley
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. We let you walk at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Trekking kit bag
- Photo book
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Tours in Kathmandu and Pokhara – see here for pricing
- Transport to Sarankot and World Peace Pagoda (taxis will be very cheap and can be arranged from your hotel)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy for $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- International flights
- Scenic Everest mountain flight or any extras
- Tips to porters/local guide
What Our Guests Say
Trekking in the Langtang Valley
For this trip I have included 2 porters for the 16 days of trekking. Do you need a porter for the other days in Kathmandu or Pokhara? If so they are £20 each per day. They will carry 20KG each. I’m assuming that with all your kit plus enough clothes for 16 days on the go that you will need 2 porters.
If you would like all food to be included whilst trekking then there is an extra charge of £25 per day whilst trekking. This does not include food whilst in Kathmandu apart from breakfast and the welcome and farewell dinners. We have decided to not include all-inclusive meals in our itineraries. The food in Nepal is incredible and we believe that you should be given the opportunity to discover the local cuisine. Kathmandu and Pokhara are a food lover’s paradise with the options being varied and plentiful.
If you like to indulge and treat yourself every now and then (and who doesn’t?) we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend the following hotels for a touch of 5 star luxury in Kathmandu.
Experience a breathtaking Mt Everest flight or explore a medieval city…
Nestled along a high ridgeline, rising above lush terraced fields and the Marsyangdi River Valley is the village of Bandipur. Rustic medieval buildings from the 18th century line the quiet, traffic free streets, as locals go about their daily lives. Steeped in Newari culture, Bandipur offers unrivalled panoramic views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Manasalu and the Ganesh Himal mountain ranges. This excursion would break up the return journey from Pokhara to Kathmandu
We spend the night in Bandipur in a restored Newari Mansion and make our way to Kathmandu the next afternoon.
The total cost to stay there for one night is £180. This includes the driver and guides accommodation and meals as well as your night in the mansion with breakfast. When you return to Kathmandu you could do the tour of Patan the same day but if you wanted to go to Bhaktapur and Nagarkot you would need an extra day in Kathmandu.
An Extra Night in Kathmandu or Pokhara
£50 per night in Kathmandu (without guide)
£65 per night in Pokhara (with guide). The guide would need to stay with you in Pokhara as he would be travelling back with you. However it is up to you whether you would require him to stay with you or give you some personal time.
Click on the arrows for a photographic journey through Bandipur.