Private Tour for David Moffat and Friend
10 days/9 nights in Nepal
Bespoke Adventure Tour for 2 People
Welcome to Kathmandu, a city of chaotic charm! With a dizzying array of ancient temples and Holy Sadhus, vibrant markets and rickshaws, Kathmandu is a kaleidoscope of senses that will capture the imagination of any traveler!
You will have the afternoon free to explore the hidden back alleys and bustling markets! In the evening we will have dinner at a local restaurant.
We drive west, following the gorge of the Trisuli River. Continue past deep river valleys and terraced rice fields as we make our way to the lakeside town of Pokhara. Set amongst the foothills of the stunning Annapurna Massif, Pokhara is a breath of fresh air.
Spectacular mountain views of some of the world’s highest and iconic mountains – including Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Machapuchare (Fish Tail Mountain).
Read more about the Poon Hill trek.
Just a 30 minute drive from Pokhara, we have a perfect 1 ½ hours of non-stop adrenaline filled class 3-4 rapids along with views of the mighty Annapurna mountains, crystal clear Himalayan whitewater and verdant valleys.
The perfect half day river journey! And afterwards…
The day is yours, free to discover, experience and explore this wonderfully laid back town. Hire a boat and relax on the calm waters of Phewa Tal, ramble up to the World Peace Pagoda or treat yourself to a fresh lassi (traditional yoghourt based drink) at one of Pokhara’s many restaurants.
Fly amongst eagles as you paraglide high above Pokhara. With the majestic Annapurna’s as your backdrop, this is one of the best places to paraglide in the world!
After lunch we’ll drive to the jungles of Chitwan.
Relax in an authentic, luxurious resort, deep in the heart of Chitwan’s jungle. We’ll track wild animals on foot, by traditional canoe and also by jeep. If you’re not afraid of things that go bump in the night one of our experienced jungle guides will take you out for a hike by the moonlight.
At the end of day 9 we’ll return back to Kathmandu in a private car.
Unfortunately it’s the end of this adventure. Lost Earth Adventures group services end after breakfast. Transfers to the airport are complimentary. See you next time!
Dates and Prices
Total price for 2 people: £1485 per person based on twin share occupancy and private transportation
We run this as a private trip at any time that is convenient for you.
We’ve not included the hikes, canoeing or any other excursions in Chitwan in the trip price. You can let your tour guide know what you’d like to do when you arrive in Chitwan and pay for it on arrival. We have listed the options for excursions under the Optional Extras tab.
- 1 fully qualified, first aid trained Trekking Guide to stay with you for the whole trip. The guide will be with you as much or as little as you want. In Pokhara and Chitwan the guide will be on hand but not neccesarily with you unless that’s what you want. They will know to give you space but in this part of the world it is highly recommended to have a guide as things don’t always run smoothly so it’s valuable to have a company representative on hand to deal with anything that occurs.
- 6 nights hotel accommodation
- 2 nights teahouse accommodation
- 2 nights comfortable boutique jungle lodge accommodation
- Financial protection: we are a fully bonded and insured UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Guides will check in daily with our UK office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Included meals: Breakfasts in Kathmandu. All other food is not included and available to buy along the way in restaurants. The tea houses in the mountains have extensive menus and you can purchase meals normally from them as you would in any hotel. The food in Nepal is cheap, please budget around £20-30 spending money per day for food, drinks and sundries.
- Transport to and from the Airport
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage while trekking for 3 days
- All transportation
- Trekking to Ghorepani & Poon Hill (with porters)
- 30 minutes paragliding
- White water rafting
- Trekking kit bag
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
- Nepalese visa (available to buy on arrival at Kathmandu airport for £20)
- Meals not mentioned above
- Items of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs, etc.
- Scenic Everest Mountain flight (optional extra £225 per person)
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- International flights
- Tips to porters/local guide
What’s Not Included
What Our Guests Say
Just to say Mandy and I had such a great holiday. Dhruba was really patient with us and helpful. So thanks again!”
Alice Windsor – March 2014
Bird Watching on a Long Canoe
6325 rupees per person – full day, picnic lunch and guide included
Float along the river on a long canoe trip for about 3 hours enjoying spotting various water birds and crocodiles. Once back on land, we take a jungle walk stopping for lunch in a jungle tower.
Finish the tour with a jeep drive back to the resort.
Jeep rent full day 20,125 rupees – picnic lunch and guide included
Jeep rent half day 14,125 rupees – guide included
It’s possible to share a jeep with up to 6 people
The route can include a range of attractions from a visit to Long Lake, Tamor Lake, the Crocodile Breeding Centre or the Park museum.
A great way to see the natural beauty of the jungle and spot wildlife if you don’t want to walk.
2990 rupees per person for a full day with picnic lunch and guide included
2015 rupees per person for a half day with guide included
A fantastic way to get close to the wildlife with two local professional guides is a jungle walk. In this exciting jungle adventure you enjoy the green harmony of tall trees and an impressive range of animals.
Keep an eye out for tigers, crocodiles, wild elephants, monkeys and rhinos that all inhabit this area. It’s possible to see all of them, if you are lucky.
Jungle Tour Plus
Extra 230 rupees per person
Our jungle guide will together with you collect the food he collected when he was a young man living in the jungle. The local people know the jungle like it’s their garden. Spot the best of wildlife and nature, collect food from the jungle and have it prepared on your return to the lodge as an appetizer.
750 rupees per person – around 1.5 hours with guide
An exciting night nature walks to come across great animals watching place. This silent, but extraordinary experience will be an unforgettable trip. Enjoy beautiful blue sky full of stars while relaxing by the river
Exchange Rate – Rupees are 132 to 1 GBP at time of writing.
*Prices are correct at time of writing but are set by the resort not us.
Explore a medieval city…