Private Expedition for Bob and Ann Marshall
Trek through the Last Shangri La
21-Day Tailor Made Trekking Adventure for Bob and Ann
A land of intrigue and mystique, of yaks and yetis, and of the greatest mountain range in the world, the mighty Himalaya, Nepal is a country that will inspire and enchant! Hike to the majestic Langtang Valley, through spectacular alpine meadows, past raging glacial fed rivers, experiencing traditional Tamang culture along the way. Wander through the chaotic streets of Kathmandu and find calm and tranquility within the temples and monasteries. Nepal, a country of astounding natural beauty, and warm, hospitable people is truly the last Shangri-La.
For a full list of what is included download the Langtang Trekking dossier (PDF 0.6MB) Please note this is for our standard 15 day itinerary but it will give you a good idea of what to expect.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Trek into the secluded and beautiful Langtang Valley
- See 4 of the world’s 8000m mountains
- Watch the sunset on the mystical Gosainkunda Lakes
- Enjoy the pristine untouched nature and changing landscapes of the Helambu
- Experience traditional Tamang culture
- The UNESCO Kathmandu Valley and Temples
- Fly amongst giants in a spectacular Mt. Everest scenic flight
- 4×4 Jeep trip into the Himalayas
- A fully supported and well-organised expedition
- Hike up 5000m peaks with an experienced guide (optional)
- Part of The Great Himalaya Trail
Dates and Prices
*This price includes everything up until the morning of day 22. Depending on how long you want to stay I will adjust the price. Each extra night in the hotel will be £50 for the two of you. We have decided to use a much better hotel. We are now using the Kathmandu Guest House
Allow £550-700 for return flights from London or Manchester.
We accept foreign payments, please click here for details.
There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday.
For a complete list of what’s included and what’s not included please see the Trek to the Last Shangri La Dossier (PDF 0.6MB). Please note this is for our standard 15 day itinerary but it will give you a good idea of what to expect.
For all of your flying requirements please click here.
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
We do not impose ‘local payments’ or have any hidden charges. There is a guaranteed ‘no price increase’ in the trip price after you have paid your deposit.
If you want to arrive early or depart later then we can arrange accommodation, activities and transport for you. Please contact us with any requests.
If you would like all food to be included whilst trekking then there is an extra charge of £500 per person. This does not include food whilst in Kathmandu apart from breakfast and the welcome and farewell dinners. We have decided to not include all-inclusive meals in our itineraries. The food in Nepal is incredible and we believe that you should be given the opportunity to discover the local cuisine. Kathmandu and Pokhara are a food lover’s paradise with the options being varied and plentiful.
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organizing your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2: UNESCO Kathmandu Valley 3 temples tour
- Day 3: 4×4 Jeep trip through the Himalayas.
- Day 4: Trek to Sherpa Gaon
- Day 5: Trek to Lama Hotel
- Day 6: Trek to Tyangshap
- Day 7: Trek to Kianjin Gompa
- Day 8: Kiangin Gompa. Hike a 5000m peak, walk to the base of Langtang Lirung, step foot on cascading glaciers, or go in search of the elusive yeti! Many optional excursions can be arranged from this alpine meadow.
- Day 9: More explorations of Kianjin Gompa
- Day 10: Walk to Riverside
- Day 11: Walk to Sherpa Gaon
- Day 12: Walk to Tulo Syrafru
- Day 13: Spend the day relaxing, exploring the village, admiring 7000m peaks and taking photos on top of a sun baked mountain ridge.
- Day 14: Walk to Shin Gompa and enjoy some cheese from the yak cheese factory
- Day 15: Walk to the holy Gosainkund Lakes
- Day 16: Cross the 4600m Laurebina pass to phedi
- Day 17: Cross the grain of the Himalaya to Therepathi
- Day 18: Walk to Kutumsang
- Day 19: Walk to Chipling
- Day 20: Walk to Chisopani
- Day 21: Walk to Sundarijal through the Shiva Puri National Park and then take a 45 minute car journey to Kathmandu.
- Day 22: Either: Fly home or visit Durbar Square in the heart of Kathmandu, ride through the streets in a cycle rickshaw, bargain for saris and scarves and explore our favourite city! You can do these at your own leisure or we can arrange many other excursions as relaxed or adventurous as you like!
Want More Adventure?
Explore the ancient city of Patan or experience a breathtaking Everest mountain flight! See what else you can add to your trip here.
Click on the arrows to enjoy a photographic adventure through the Langtang
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- 18 nights teahouse accommodation during trek
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- Thuraya satellite phone (to be used for organising logistics and in emergencies)
- Guides will check in daily with our UK office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are a fully bonded and insured UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Fully qualified, first aid trained English speaking local guide
- Meals as described in the dossier (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=Dinner).
- Guided tour of the 3 temples of Kathmandu
- Map of the Langtang Valley
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Photo book
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy from $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- International flights
- Scenic Everest mountain flight or any extras
- Tips to porters/local guide
What Our Guests Say
Trekking in the Langtang Valley