Hike and Bike the Annapurna Circuit
Mountain Biking and Trekking in Nepal’s Highest Mountains
£1795-£1895, 15 day Tour – Set Departures and Private Expeditions Available
From the world’s highest peaks to the world’s deepest gorge the Annapurna Circuit is undoubtedly the classic journey to experience in the Himalaya. The region encompasses an astounding amount of bio-diversity. From sub-tropical, and the high alpine, to an arid semi-desert similar to the Tibetan Plateau and entire hillsides enveloped in colourful rhododendron and pine forests, the scenery is matched only by its incredible cultural diversity. The climax of the circuit is the challenging and imposing Thorung La that will take your breath away at 5416m high.
The Annapurna Circuit has long been a trekker’s favourite, but with recent development on the western side, this has made the conditions perfect for 3 days of epic mountain biking (mainly downhill)! This is hands-down the best riding in the Himalaya. The riding ranges from broad sweeping jeep tracks, fast dirt trails, flowing single track, rocky steps and exciting technical terrain, with enough variety to keep intermediates and seasoned bikers enthralled. There is plenty of time to stop at the many welcoming teahouses along the way and enjoy the views.
Experience the beauty and tranquillity of the mountains on the eastern side and then enjoy the exhilaration of riding down the slopes of two of the world’s highest mountains. If you like hiking and you like biking then this is the holiday for you!
IMPORTANT: Though people do attempt the full circuit on bike, it means for the majority of the eastern portion, carrying your bike up thousands of metres of ascent. We do not make you carry your bike up the eastern half of the Annapurna Circuit. Your bikes will be ready and waiting for you in Muktinath – the starting point of our mountain biking. If you want to ride the whole circuit then check out our Mountain Bike the Annapurna Circuit Tour. Through the duration of the entire tour you will only have to carry a small day pack, porters will be transporting your larger bags on foot and by vehicle between lodges. We stay in comfortable lodges and guesthouses with warm showers and western style toilets (in most lodges).
For a full list of what is included please download the trip dossier.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Hike one of the most beautiful treks on earth
- Experience the most thrilling mountain biking in Nepal (mainly downhill for 3 days)
- Ride the slopes of the world’s 7th and 10th highest mountains
- Cross the challenging Thorung La pass (5416m)
- Outstanding 360 degree views of the Himalayas from Thorung La
- UNESCO listed, Kathmandu Valley
- Incredible cultural and bio-diversity along the circuit
- Comfortable lodges and teahouses
- The opportunity to see 8 of the 8000m peaks, including Mt. Everest!
- Experience a tour featured in the Sunday Times Travel Magazine’s Hot List
- Experience the thrill of 4,530m of descent; the world’s longest mountain bike descent!
Want more adventure? Combine this tour with one of our other trips or treks to Nepal for an epic 31-day tour!
Dates and Prices
Open Group Events: £1895 Private Tour Prices: from £1795 (dependent on group size)Please contact us with your requirements to receive a private group price within 24-hours. We can provide private tours from individuals to groups of one hundred or more and prices are quite reasonable.
Allow £550-700 for return flights from London or Manchester. To book flights, click here.
Runs Saturday to Saturday, 15 days
For a full list of what is included please download the trip dossier.
You will find our private tour prices are surprisingly reasonable. We can provide private tours for individuals to groups of one hundred or more. Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
The best time to travel to Nepal is from March to May and October to December.
Set Departure / Open Group Event Dates
|Tour Dates 2018||Availability||BOOK NOW|
|06 Oct 2018||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|13 Oct 2018||Full||BOOK NOW|
|10 Nov 2018||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|17 Nov 2018||Full||BOOK NOW|
|Tour Dates 2019||Availability||BOOK NOW|
|13 Apr 2019||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|05 Oct 2019||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|02 Nov 2019||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
A deposit of £200 secures your place on the trip and the balance is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Monthly payment plans can be set up on request. If you book less than 60 days before the start of the trip then the full amount is due immediately.
If you are a previous client of Lost Earth Adventures you will receive a loyalty discount of 5%.
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
Once your deposit has been paid there is a guaranteed no price change. There are no hidden charges or extras, the price we quote you when you book is the price you and your group will be paying.
Extend your trip in Nepal by 2 more weeks
Check the departure dates of our other Nepal tours here. Get a 5% discount off of the lower priced tour when you book two trips for yourself!
If you would like to treat yourself before or after your grand adventure, we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend the following hotels for a touch of 5-star luxury in Kathmandu.
The bikes we use on this adventure are full suspension Giant Trance X’s or similar. You are welcome to bring your own bike with you for the trip but please contact us to discuss logistics.
Day Tours and Extensions to Nepal Trips
Want More Adventure?Extra activities mentioned in the itinerary though not included in the total price are readily available in the places we visit. Your tour leader can help you arrange these. From scenic flights and canyon swings to scenic rambles and hidden gems why not extend your trip to make it truly a unique and once in a lifetime trip!
Read more information about Nepal
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organising your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2: Drive to Jagat
- Day 3: Jagat (1300m) to Dharapani (1860m)
- Day 4: Dharapani to Chame (2600m)
- Day 5: Chame to Lower Pisang (3200m)
- Day 6: Lower Pisang to Manang (3540m) 2 routes possible
- Day 7: Acclimatisation day
- Day 8: Manang to Yak Kharka (4018m)
- Day 9: Yak Kharka to Thorung Phedi (4450m)
- Day 10: Thorung Phedi to Muktinath (3800m) via Thorung La (5416m)
- Day 11-13: Mountain biking in the Annapurna’s! Experience one of the most thrilling downhill mountain bike adventures in Nepal.
- Day 14: Return to Kathmandu
- Day 15: Breathtaking Everest Mountain Flight, depart for home.
Click on the arrows below to take a photographic journey through the Annapurnas
Recent Trip Reports
- Annapurna Hike and Bike Trek Report March 2014
- Annapurna Hike and Bike Trek Report Oct 2015
- Annapurna Hike and Bike Trek Report Nov 2016
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- 11 nights teahouse accommodation
- Welcome and farewell dinner, and all breakfasts in Kathmandu. All meals whilst trekking and cycling. No meals in Pokhara or the journeys to and from Pokhara. The food available in the tea houses is brilliant, there is a large selection of western, Chinese and Nepalese food available for you to choose from. We do not want you to be restricted in your menu choices and want you to enjoy the vast menus and locally grown produce of the tea houses. We will let you choose whatever meal you want from the menus at meal times.
- Afternoon tea and biscuits while trekking
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- 3-day mountain biking (including bike and helmet rental)
- Full suspension mountain bikes – Giant Trance X’s or very similar
- Fully qualified, wilderness first aid trained guide/mechanic
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage and bikes
- Sufficient means of communication. Satellite phones can be rented on request for £10 per day.
- Guides will check in with our office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are an ABTA and ATOL bonded and insured, UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Small groups. No more than 12 people on a set departure trip
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with plenty of staff so you can walk or cycle at your own pace. We let you enjoy at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Map of our cycle and trek around the Annapurna circuit
- Trekking kit bag
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy for $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- International flights
- Scenic Everest mountain flight
- Tips to local guides
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
For a full list of what is included please download the trip dossier.
Travelling to Nepal
You will need a passport with 6-month’s validity and you will need to obtain a Nepalese visa. The easiest way to get the visa is to buy it on entry to Nepal with either dollars or any major currency but not Nepali Rupees. Currently the cost for a single-entry visa valid for 15/30/90 days costs US$25/40/100. You can buy a visa in advance from the Neplese embassy in your home country if they have a location there. It is more expensive than buying it on arrival in Kathmandu and it doesn’t always save you time when you arrive as it is random which queue is longer. You also have to risk sending your passport off and they may take it for several weeks. You will need to buy travel insurance for your trip which you can find out about here. You also need to visit your GP or travel health professional at least 4-6 weeks before your trip to check what vaccinations you need.
For more information about travelling safely and obtaining passports you can see more at the FCO know before you go Travel Aware Campaign.
What Our Guests Say
Trekking and mountain biking around the Annapurna’s
Groups: Private Treks and Group Tours
Charities, Schools, Military, Private Groups and Tailor Made Trips for Individuals
All our tours can be run privately for you and your group, from solo travellers to groups of over 50. We specialise in organising bespoke tours for groups of friends, charity challenges, school groups, mountaineering clubs, families, and countless others.
Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
We love working with charity challengers! We have our own charity (Share the Load Foundation) and are inspired by your determination to fundraise for worthy causes. That’s why we will do everything we can to help you achieve your goals during a charity challenge. We provide support from start to finish, including fundraising tips, training plans and the very best in-country support.
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Asian Lost Earth Adventure.
We are an Approved Military Contractor and provide many courses, expeditions and adventure training for groups of serving personnel and Cadets.
We understand honeymooners need a bit of champagne sparkle, some celebrations warrant the inclusion of heli-trekking and spa treatments, and that the very active relax with white-water rafting after summiting 6,000m peaks. Decades of research and our extensive in-country network mean anything is possible. Get in touch and we’ll start preparing your perfect adventure.
Information for group leaders & group discounts
Depending on your trip and number of participants, we can offer groups of 10 or more a complimentary place or a discount for all adventurers. Schools trips can benefit from free places for teachers, whilst we can discount rates for charity challenges. Contact us with your details and requirements and we will get a quote to you within one working day.
We also appreciate the effort it takes to coordinate a group of people so in exchange for your efforts, we will give group organisers of 10+ people a £150 Cotswold gift voucher; perfect for kitting yourself out ahead of your big adventure!
All group members receive a complimentary kit bag, t-shirt and a voucher code for 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor.
For Your Information
Health and safety and financial protection
At Lost Earth Adventures, health and safety is our top priority. All our trips are run to UK and international safety standards, and are proud to surpass these standards in many areas. We are an ABTA and ATOL bonded tour operator, ensuring your financial protection.
Full details of our policies and protections are available here.