National Three Peaks Accommodation
The following places are good alternatives to the Youth Hostel accommodation that we provide as standard on our National 3 Peaks Challenge. If you book any of these hotels we will make arrangements to pick you up and drop you off each day from these places.
*If joining us on our standard 3 days, 2 nights open group event and you choose to stay at any of these hotels there will be no discount for not using the Youth Hostel Accommodation. This is because we block book rooms at the Youth Hostel and there are admin and logistical costs involved in driving you to and from these hotels.
The accommodation is graded: Budget, Medium, High
Hotels – Fort William, Scotland
Hotels – Wasdale Head, Lake District
- Wasdale Head Inn – All grades of accommodation
- Burnthwaite – Budget
*hotels in Wasdale Head must be taken for a minimum of 2 nights usually during bank holiday weekends, but call to check.
Hotels – Nether Wasdale, Lake District
- An alternative if no accommodation is available in close-by Wasdale Head
- The Screes – Medium
- The Strands – Medium
- Low Wood Hall – High
- Murt Camping Bar – Budget – Camping Barn
- Rainors Farm – Yurt and B&B accommodation of varying standards
Hotels – Llanberis, Snowdonia
- Pen-y-Gwyrd Hotel – Famed for its mountaineering history, it has many famous mountaineers’ signatures written on the ceiling. Medium – High
- Dol Peris Guesthouse – Self catering but in a central location in Llanberis with hotels and restaurants available nearby. Budget
- Royal Victoria Hotel – Medium – High
*We normally drive straight home after climbing Snowdon but if you want to stay longer in Llanberis exploring Snowdonia then the above hotels are nice options.
Hotels – Borrowdale
Private Tours Only
- Derwentwater Hotel – Medium-High
- The Leathes Head Country House Hotel – High
- Scafell Hotel – Medium – High
*Borrowdale is only suitable to stay at if you’re doing a private trip with us and not joining our open group departures as it’s a long detour from the route taken on open group events. If you are doing a private tour of four days or more then we take longer and more scenic routes up the three peaks and so we start in Borrowdale for the ascent of Scafell Pike.
For more information and to book visit our our National 3 Peaks Challenge page.