Mountain Madness Tour Nepal
Mountain Multi-Sport Adventure Holiday in the Himalaya
Multi-Activity Tour 13 Days – Possible to Extend to 16 Days
Tour runs a private trip for your group
If you thrive on adrenaline and are always in search of your next big thrill, look no further. Forget New Zealand, this mighty Himalayan country, Nepal is the definitive adventurer’s playing field! From the world’s deepest gorge, to the highest peak in the world Nepal has it all.
Explore the country from every angle as you soar above the mountains suspended under a canopy of silk, run river rapids getting up close to the country’s water ways, pass local villages on the best mountain biking trails in the Himalaya and abseil down steep canyon walls. Nepal is the best place for those seeking adventure and also wanting to experience a taste of this culturally exciting and vibrant country.
This trip is a shorter 13-day version, making up part of our Nepal Xtreme Tour. The trips run together at the same time so this works great if people in your group have different time constraints.
All activities on this tour except mountain biking require no previous experience and although included, are optional. Please see the info section below for this trip’s grading.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- White water rafting on the Bhote Kosi
- A 4-day downhill descent mountain biking, using a light aircraft to reach our start at 3800m
- Commanding views of 3 of the 8000m peaks whilst paragliding
- A heart wrenching bungee jump 160m above a raging river 12km from the Tibetan border
- Abseiling and scrambling through a deep canyon
- Exquisite views of the Himalaya
- UNESCO listed, Kathmandu Valley
- The chance to see those famous peaks you’ve heard of, including Mt. Everest!
- Experience the thrill of 3000m of descent; part of the world’s longest mountain bike descent!
All activities on this tour except mountain biking require no previous experience and although included, are optional. Lost Earth Adventures provides all instruction, equipment and plenty of staff, as well as entertaining alternatives to planned activities. Please see the info section above for this trip’s grading.
Want more adventure? Extend the madness by joining the Nepal Xtreme Tour
Dates and Prices
Plus internal flight payable locally £200*
Allow £550-800 for return flights from London or Manchester. For all of your flying requirements please click here.
Tour runs Sunday to Friday, 13 days
There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday.
*We take an internal flight by light aircraft. We reserve the flight before hand but we must pay for the flight on location. The total price for the flight is £200.
We can run this tour as a private trip at any time you like. If you have a group smaller than 6 people there may be a surcharge, please contact us for more information. The best time to travel to Nepal is from March to May and October to December.
A deposit of £200 secures your place on the trip and the balance is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Monthly payment plans can be set up on request. If you book less than 60 days before the start of the trip then the full amount is due immediately.
If you are a previous client of Lost Earth Adventures you will receive a loyalty discount of 5%.
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
We reserve the right to change our prices until the moment you pay your deposit. Once your deposit has been paid there is a guaranteed no price change. There are no hidden charges or extras, the price we quote you when you book is the price you and your group will be paying.
Extend your trip in Nepal by 2 more weeks
Check the departure dates of our other Nepal tours here. Get a 5% discount off of the lower priced tour when you book two trips for yourself!
The £275 must be paid with the final balance. If you want to arrive early or depart later then we can arrange accommodation and transport for you. Please contact us with any requests.
If you would like to treat yourself before or after your grand adventure, we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend the following hotels for a touch of 5-star luxury in Kathmandu.
Day Tours and Extensions to Nepal Trips
Want More Adventure?
Some of the activities mentioned in the itinerary though not included in the total price are readily available in the places we visit. Your tour leader can help you arrange these. From mountain flights and canyon swings to scenic rambles and hidden gems why not extend your trip to make it truly a unique and once in a lifetime trip!
Enjoy the experience of motorcycling in the Himalaya. For advanced riders you can rent an iconic Royal Enfield for £45/day. You are then free to explore the mountains surrounding the area. In most cases, safety equipment and a small tool kit is provided.
Alternatively you can rent a scooter for £10/day.
*Motorbike tours and rentals are not provided by Lost Earth Adventures but are easily available in Pokhara. Please be aware that road safety standards in Nepal are far below what they are in the west.
Click here for more information on Nepal.
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organising your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 2-3: Bungee jumping & canyoning 12km from the Tibetan border!
- Day 4-5: Raft and Kayak the Sun Kosi and Bhote Kosi, Nepal’s wildest rivers.
- Day 6: Explore the ancient city of Patan
- Day 7: Drive west to Pokhara, a laid back town with the spectacular Annapurna Massif as a backdrop
- Day 8-11: Mountain biking in the Annapurna’s! Experience one of the most thrilling downhill mountain bike adventures in Nepal.
- Day 12: Paragliding in Pokhara
- Day 13: Fly home or stay an extra day to motorcycle through the Himalaya
Click on the arrows below to take a photographic journey through the Mountain Madness Nepal tour.
There are a variety of descents to choose from. The easiest mountain bike trails and terrain we use would be considered a graded blue run at a UK trail centre. There are options for far harder descents but the minimum you need to be able to cope with is a blue run. If you are unsure of your ability, please contact us. There is always the opportunity to walk while the others cycle and still meet up in the evening as a group.
You may also be interested in our Yeti Among the Seti tour that has all of the same activities except for mountain biking.
We also offer mountain bike courses in the UK. If you are unsure of your skill level on a mountain bike please ring us to speak with one of our instructors. If you book on to this trip we will offer you one of our mountain bike skills courses for half price.
The rivers we raft vary from 3+ to 4+ and while no experience is necessary you must be comfortable and able to swim in water higher than head height. A reasonable degree of fitness will make this trip more enjoyable.
Recent Trip Reports
- Mountain Madness Tour Report Oct 2012
- Mountain Madness Tour Report Feb 2013
- Mountain Madness Tour Report Oct 2015
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude.
- 5 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- 3 nights accommodation in riverside camp/lodge
- 3 nights teahouse accommodation (while cycling)
- 1 night accommodation in luxury safari tents
- Most meals, contact us for details
- Full suspension mountain bikes – Giant Trance X’s or very similar
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- 4-day mountain biking (including bike and helmet rental, national park permit and local guide/mechanic)
- 2-days white water rafting/kayaking
- 1- half day canyoning
- Tandem paragliding flight
- Fully qualified, first aid trained Western Leader
- 1 English speaking local guide
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- Thuraya satellite phone (to be used for organising logistics and in emergencies)
- Guides will check in daily with our UK office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are a fully bonded and insured UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Small groups. No more than 12 people on a set departure trip
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with two leaders so you can ride at your own pace.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Map of our cycle route through the Annapurna’s
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy for $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- International flight
- Scenic Everest mountain flight
- Motorcycling (rental, tour, etc.)
- The internal flight which is payable on location
- Tips to local guides
- Bungee Jump or Canyon Swing
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
What Our Guests Say
Our guides, Rich and Amy, were fantastic, great fun, organised, knowledgable, well-connected, and they really went out of their way to make sure everything went smoothly…no mean feat given the extreme locations we were travelling in. I’m now pleased to consider them both firm friends.
The itinerary was spot on – the right mixture of adrenalin fuelled activities (mountain biking, bungee jumping, paragliding, white water rafting, canyoning, kayaking), and relaxation to allow us to absorb the local culture, and see the REAL Nepal (which should not be missed).
We went in November 2012 and every time the lads and I get together its never long before we start reminiscing about our great memories from this holiday. It was an unbelievably trip and one I cannot recommend highly enough. Go.
Visited November 2012″
Press play to see what you could be doing on your next holiday!
Groups: Private Treks and Group Tours
Charities, Schools, Private Groups and Tailor Made Trips for Individuals
All our tours can be run privately for you and your group, from solo travellers to groups of over 50. We specialise in organising bespoke tours for groups of friends, charity challenges, school groups, mountaineering clubs, families, and countless others.
We love working with charity challengers! We have our own charity (Share the Load Foundation) and are inspired by your determination to fundraise for worthy causes. That’s why we will do everything we can to help you achieve your goals during a charity challenge. We provide support from start to finish, including fundraising tips, training plans and the very best in-country support.
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Asian Lost Earth Adventure.
We understand honeymooners need a bit of champagne sparkle, some celebrations warrant the inclusion of heli-trekking and spa treatments, and that the very active relax with white-water rafting after summiting 6,000m peaks. Decades of research and our extensive in-country network mean anything is possible. Get in touch and we’ll start preparing your perfect adventure.
Information for group leaders & group discounts
Depending on your trip and number of participants, we can offer groups of 10 or more a complimentary place or a discount for all adventurers. Schools trips can benefit from free places for teachers, whilst we can discount rates for charity challenges. Contact us with your details and requirements and we will get a quote to you within one working day.
We also appreciate the effort it takes to coordinate a group of people so in exchange for your efforts, we will give group organisers of 10+ people a £150 Cotswold gift voucher; perfect for kitting yourself out ahead of your big adventure!
All group members receive a complimentary kit bag, t-shirt and a voucher code for 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor.
For Your Information
Health and safety and financial protection
At Lost Earth Adventures, health and safety is our top priority. All our trips are run to UK and international safety standards, and are proud to surpass these standards in many areas. We are a fully bonded tour operator, ensuring your financial protection.
Full details of our policies and protections are available here.