Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek
Remote Ridge Walking Above the Clouds
Spectacular private expeditions from £945
Combine this trek with the Annapurna Base Camp or Poon Hill treks or complete as a stand-alone adventure.
Trek away from the crowds of nearby Poon Hill to marvellous views of the Annapurna range on our Mardi Himal trek. It includes views of the sacred Machhapuchhre (6,993m), Annapurna South (7,219m) and Hiunchuli (6,441m). Watch the first light of sunrise dance across these Himalayan giants. It’s a truly unforgettable experience.
This teahouse trek only opened to the public in 2012. It follows the shepherd’s routes through unspoilt alpine pastures and bamboo and rhododendron forests.
For more information on this trek, contact us telling us how many people will be in your group, and how long you would like the trek to run for, and we will send you a bespoke itinerary and quote within 24 hours.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- A panoramic experience of untouched Himalayan landscapes
- Follow the shepherd’s routes through beautiful pastures
- Unforgettable sunrise glinting off the mountain giants
- Away from the crowds of nearby Poon Hill
- An excellent extension to the Annapurna Base Camp, Kopra Danda or Poon Hill Treks
Want more adventure? Combine this trip with one of our other Nepal treks or tours.
Dates and Prices
We have lots of possible variations on this magical route. We’ll give you a bespoke price based on your specific requirements.
Prices start from £945 excluding flights or £1,595 including flights.
We provide private tours and expeditions for individuals, couples and groups of any size. Contact us with your ideas, how many days you want to trek for and where you want to go including any excursions to receive a price within 24 hours.
We run this trek between October and May. It’s colder between December and February with the possibility of snow in January and February. However, these cold temperatures bring clearer skies and extraordinary scenery.
Sample Itinerary and Route
Click here for a detailed map of Mardi Himal.
Our itineraries are meticulously researched. They are designed to give you the most fun with ample time to relax. We take the hassle out of organising your trip so that you can soak up every ounce of your mesmerising adventure!
The itinerary below can be completed much quicker if you’re acclimatised from a Poon Hill or Annapurna Base Camp trek. If you trek the Mardi Himal before another trek, the second trek will naturally be easier for you.
- Day 1: Drive from Pokhara to New Bridge, then trek to Landruk (1,620m)
- Day 2: Trek from Landruk to Forest Camp (2,630m)
- Day 3: Trek from Forest Camp to Low Camp (3,150m)
- Day 4: Trek from Low Camp to High Camp (3,850m)
- Day 5: Trek from High Camp to Mardi Himal Base (4,500m)
- Day 6: Trek from High Camp to Landruk (1,565m)
- Day 7: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp, Poon Hill or both
Click on the arrows to take a photographic journey around the Mardi Himal Trek.
Ideal for a larger group, our guide:trekker ratio is superb. It means we can easily accommodate differing paces in the group as we trek and also makes this trek even safer.
- Accommodation in local teahouses or in Pokhara/Kathmandu depending on your itinerary
- Included meals: All meals while trekking, breakfasts, welcome and farewell dinner depending on itinerary (there is a large selection of Western, Chinese and Nepalese food available at the teahouses – you choose the meals)
- Airport transfers to and from the airport
- All transportation (unless otherwise stated)
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- 1 fully qualified, first aid trained Trekking Guide
- Means of communication – satellite phones can be rented at £10 per day
- Financial protection
- Comprehensive trip information pack
- Pre-departure support and advice: by email, phone or in-person (York)
- Trekking kit bag
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Small groups. No more than 12 people on a set departure trip
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. We support our treks with plenty of staff so we let you walk at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s not included?
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Nepalese visa (available to buy on arrival at Kathmandu airport from USD30)
- Tips to porters/local guide
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
Travelling to Nepal
You’ll need a passport with 6-month’s validity as well as a Nepalese visa. The best way to obtain this is to buy it on entry to Nepal in any major currency but not Nepali Rupees. Typically, the cost is USD30 for 15 days.
You’ll also need travel insurance and you should visit your GP or a health professional at least 4-6 weeks before you travel to check which vaccinations you may need.
For more info on travelling safely and obtaining a visa, see the FCO Know Before You Go campaign.
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude.
Here you can read 2 trip reports about trekking to Mardi Himal Base Camp.
What Our Guests Say
I would recommend this holiday to people with a sense of adventure and love to see more interesting parts of the world. Top marks to all concerned.” – Jim Ramshaw
Read more reviews about our treks.
Groups: Private Treks and Group Tours
Charities, Schools, Military, Private Groups and Tailor Made Trips for Individuals
All our tours can be run privately for you and your group, from solo travellers to groups of over 50. We specialise in organising bespoke tours for groups of friends, charity challenges, school groups, mountaineering clubs, families, and countless others.
Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
We love working with charity challengers! We have our own charity (Share the Load Foundation) and are inspired by your determination to fundraise for worthy causes. That’s why we will do everything we can to help you achieve your goals during a charity challenge. We provide support from start to finish, including fundraising tips, training plans and the very best in-country support.
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Asian Lost Earth Adventure.
We are an Approved Military Contractor and provide many courses, expeditions and adventure training for groups of serving personnel and Cadets.
We understand honeymooners need a bit of champagne sparkle, some celebrations warrant the inclusion of heli-trekking and spa treatments, and that the very active relax with white-water rafting after summiting 6,000m peaks. Decades of research and our extensive in-country network mean anything is possible. Get in touch and we’ll start preparing your perfect adventure.
Information for group leaders & group discounts
Depending on your trip and number of participants, we can offer groups of 10 or more a complimentary place or a discount for all adventurers. Schools trips can benefit from free places for teachers, whilst we can discount rates for charity challenges. Contact us with your details and requirements and we will get a quote to you within one working day.
We also appreciate the effort it takes to coordinate a group of people so in exchange for your efforts, we will give group organisers of 10+ people a £150 Cotswold gift voucher; perfect for kitting yourself out ahead of your big adventure!
All group members receive a complimentary kit bag, t-shirt and a voucher code for 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor.
For Your Information
Health and safety and financial protection
At Lost Earth Adventures, health and safety is our top priority. All our trips are run to UK and international safety standards, and are proud to surpass these standards in many areas.
Full details of our policies and protections are available here.