Luxury Himalayan Heli Biking
Exclusive 7-day Heli-Biking Tour in Nepal
From £12,500 per person – ring for details
Extreme, exhilarating, exclusive: experience the most intense downhill mountain biking in the world.
Be whisked away by private helicopter to the top of epic descents; the ultimate starting point for world class, adrenaline inducing trails. This unique trip will satisfy all cravings for adventure as you descend more than 6500m through the Upper Mustang region of Nepal on some of the world’s most exciting single track.
The spectacular mountain flights will bring you face to face with the giants of the Himalaya, including eight of the world’s fourteen 8000m peaks. The views don’t stop here though; as you ride you’ll be awestruck by the mind-blowing vistas of snow-capped peaks towering over the lush valleys below. Combined with time to recuperate in the most luxurious spa hotels Nepal has to offer, this trip is a definite bucket list tick!
For the duration of your trip, your every need will be tended to by our highly skilled and experienced guides. In the cities, they will be able to recommend the finest restaurants in the area and source anything you need. On the trails, you will have the best guides in the region. They are experts, and know where the best locations are for long, flowing lines or technical downhill trails. Whatever your preference, we will ensure that the trails you ride are perfectly suited to your riding style.
To get a taste for just how incredible this terrain is, check out the movie Where The Trail Ends.
Any aspect of this exclusive trip can be tailored to your individual needs. Just let us know and we’ll make it happen!
- Over 6500m of unforgettable, world-class descent
- Remote Heli Accessed Trails
- Spectacular views of eight 8000m peaks
- Panoramic mountain views whilst riding
- Luxury spa accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Insight into the lives of remote communities in Upper Mustang
- Expert guides ensuring you get the best experience possible
- Experience the thrill of 4,530m of descent; the world’s longest mountain bike descent!
Where the Trail Ends – The Itinerary
Your guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you by private vehicle to a luxurious suite in the Dwarikas, a palatial base from which to explore the city. Spend the afternoon exploring this captivating capital city at your own pace, seeking out the best restaurants, discovering hidden alleyways or finding peace and quiet within the ancient squares.
Fly from the chaos of Kathmandu on a spectacular mountain flight to the laid-back lakeside town of Pokhara. Another luxury hotel awaits, complete with full spa facilities and pool. Warm up your legs exploring the local countryside by mountain bike, prepare your muscles with a massage in the hotel or take a boat on the Phewa Tal to take in the majestic Annapurna Range.
The main event! Leaving behind busy streets, we will fly in a private helicopter to Muktinath, situated a lofty 3800m above sea level. Tell your guide just how gnarly you want your riding to be, and you can fly down exposed trails carved into the mountainside with drops and jumps a plenty leading you into the Lupra Valley. If that weren’t enough for one day, you will be transported from the valley bottom back up to allow you to do it all over again in the adjacent valley. Incredible!
Tonight and tomorrow evening will be spent in local Nepalese teahouses, where you will have the chance to get an understanding of life in these remote regions. Chatting to your teahouse host over an ice-cold beer or some locally produced brandy is the perfect way to end a hard day on the trails.
This morning’s breathtaking helicopter ride takes you up through dramatic scenery to Thorung La, located high in the Himalayas at a dizzying 5400m. Feeling like you’re descending from the top of the world, you’ll speed down the mountainsides for an incredible 2600m. Steep chutes, sharps turns and as much speed as you can handle; today is not for the faint-hearted!
To ensure our final day of riding is unforgettable, we will be dropped by the helicopter at a secret spot, recommended exclusively to us by our in-country experts. The 2000m descent is guaranteed to leave you breathless from both exertion and the beauty of the landscape around you. From where your trail ends, the helicopter will return you to the luxury of your hotel in Pokhara, where you can reward yourself with the finest dining on offer in the town.
Day 6 – Rest day, Pokhara spa hotel
A well-earned rest day, today is free to spend as you wish. Explore the wonderful charm of the backstreets of Old Pokhara, spend the day absorbing your experiences from the comfort of the hotel spa or discover something about the heritage of the famed Gurkha regiment who hail from this region.
Day 7 – Fly to Kathmandu; depart for home
Unfortunately, today is the end of your Himalayan adventure. We will fly back to Kathmandu, from where we will say our farewells before your onward journey home.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- 2 nights teahouse accommodation (while cycling)
- Full suspension mountain bikes – Giant Trance X’s or very similar plus 1 spare bike per person
- freshly serviced bike delivered every day
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- Return flights from Kathmandu to Pokahara
- 3-day mountain biking (including bike and helmet rental, national park permit and local guide/mechanic)
- Fully qualified, first aid trained leader
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- Thuraya satellite phone (to be used for organising logistics and in emergencies)
- Guides will check in daily with our UK office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are a fully bonded and insured UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like
- After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with two leaders so you can ride at your own pace
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Map of our cycle route through the Annapurna’s
- Photo book
NB: We understand you will want the freedom to choose where you dine and so we do not include meals on this tour. Instead, we will take you to the best places to eat in the entire country depending on your requirements.
Dates and Prices
We can run this tour for you at anytime you like. Prices are dependant on your group size, please see below.
|Number of People||Price Per
|Price for 1 person
|Price for 2 people
|Price for 3 People
|Price for 4 People
|Price for 5 People
|Price for 6 People
For more mountain bike itineraries visit the Nepal Mountain Bike Tours page