Gorge Walking and Canyoning in Yorkshire
Scramble and Swim in a Fresh Water Ghyll
Experience Day in the Eastern Yorkshire Dales
Explore an ancient gorge, carved out over millions of years in the heart of Yorkshire. Water twists and turns its way through smooth limestone channels, cascading over waterfalls and running down natural chutes.
You’ll be jumping, scrambling, swimming and boulder hopping into exhilarating rapids and clear waters. Submerged into nature, we’re well away from roads, buildings and people, this truly is one of Yorkshire’s hidden gems.
A unique adventure guaranteed to put a grin on your face and get the heart pumping!
At a Glance
- Experience tailored to age and group type
- For individuals or groups of any size
- Minimum age: 7+, no maximum age
- Suitable for any weight and ability
- No experience needed and tailored to you
- All equipment included
- Plenty of parking
- Runs 7-days a week, all year round
East Dales/Nidderdale Gorge Location
Studfold Activity Centre, Lofthouse, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 5SG
Distances to the gorge: Leeds – 1 hour, Harrogate – 40 minutes, York – 1 hour 15 minutes. The gorge is also within close proximity to Settle, Skipton, Richmond, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Northallerton, Thirsk, Otley and Bradford.
What to Expect?
Deep pools to jump in from lofty heights, a spicy waterfall climb, chutes sliding into plunge pools, scramble up boulders and play in cascading waterfalls. Suitable for all age groups and we tailor our sessions to you.
The jumping, climbing and swimming are optional as you can walk around these obstacles. There are no tight squeezes or caves on this trip. Our changing and shower facilities, conference room and cafe are open between 1st of April to 31st of Oct but we can offer ghyll scrambling all year round.
Gorge Walking Prices (3-hrs)
There are Two Options
- Join one of our Open Group Events or
- Have your own private instructor for the day.
|Number of People||Price Per Person||Book Now|
|Gift Vouchers||Various||BUY NOW|
|Price for 1 person
(Open Group Event)
|School and Youth Groups||Prices from £39||CONTACT US|
Why Book With Us?
- Our equipment is new, clean and the best available
- The warmest wetsuits in the industry – keeping you toasty
- We supply neoprene socks and gloves
- 600+ Reviews
- We’re insured and AALA licensed
- Read our Safety Policy.
- Qualified instructors
- Industry leading instructor to client ratios
- Exceptionally high standards
Want More Adventure?
Make it a full day of adventure and combine an exciting caving experience with a half day of rock climbing, abseiling, gorge walking, canyoning, mountain biking or canoeing. Are you MAD enough? Either see our Multi Activity Days to find out more or join us for a whole weekend of adventure.