Guided Climb of Mount Toubkal
Trek to the Summit of North Africa’s Highest Peak
Private Expeditions for Individuals and Groups
7-Day Suggested Itinerary – Can be Tailored to Your Needs
Encounter the thrill of climbing Mount Toubkal in Morocco. Explore ancient villages, taste exquisite food and experience the famous arab hospitality of the locals as you adventure into the Atlas Mountains.
Mt Toubkal is the highest peak in North Africa at 4,167m. It’s an exciting and achievable challenge. Our experienced guides can make this a safe and memorable journey, allowing you more time to enjoy the experience.
Leaving the hustle and bustle of Marrakech behind, the trek starts in Imlil and follows a windy track on scree slopes. You will pass through ancient Berber villages, offering sweet fruit and nourishing tagines, a most welcome treat for hikers. Your limits will be tested as you scramble around boulders and over scree, dodging the local traffic of cattle and mules as you delve deeper into the mountains.
The shrine of Sidi Chamharouch is an interesting stop en route and allows another chance for trekkers to recharge. After this, you will climb steadily up to the Toubkal refuge, the overnight shelter where hikers will rest, preparing for summiting the next day. The next day commences early, with a dramatic hike to the summit. Revel in panoramic views of the High Atlas Mountains and reap your reward on the summit of Toubkal.
Welcome to Morocco, let the adventure begin
- Climb the highest peak in North Africa at 4,167m
- Experience the serenity of the Atlas Mountains
- Emerge yourself in local culture and sample local cuisine from Beber Villages
- Visit Sidi Chamharouch, a place of pilgrimage and a sacred muslim shrine
- Unparalleled views of the mountains on the summit of Mt Toubkal
- Easily accessed from bustling Marrakech.
- Comfortable itinerary, this really offers you the best chance of success!
Dates and Prices
Private Tour Prices: from £595
(dependent on needs)
Please contact us with your requirements to receive a private group price within 24-hours. We can provide private tours from individuals to groups of one hundred or more and prices are quite reasonable.
Prices start at £100 for return flights from London or Manchester. To book flights, click here.
We accept foreign payments, please click here for details.
There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday.
You will find our private tour prices are surprisingly reasonable. We can provide private tours for individuals to groups of one hundred or more. Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
Prices for the Itinerary Suggested
For Inclusions See the ‘Info’ tab
|Number of People||Price|
|Price for 1 person|
|Price for 2 people|
|Price for 3 people|
|Price for 4-5 people|
|Price for 6-14 people|
|Price for 15-44 people|
|Price for 45 or more people|
and Western Led
A deposit of £200 secures your place on the trip and the balance is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Monthly payment plans can be set up on request. If you book less than 60 days before the start of the trip then the full amount is due immediately.
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
Once your deposit has been paid there is a guaranteed no price change. There are no hidden charges or extras, the price we quote you when you book is the price you and your group will be paying.
We don’t charge a single supplement fee if you’re a solo traveller. Our prices are based on staying in twin share rooms and tents with a member of the same sex or your travelling companion. If you wish to stay in your own room and tent for the duration of your trip there will be a £120 charge for this trip. Private rooms are not possible for the one night at the village home-stay.
If you want to arrive early or depart later then we can arrange accommodation and transport for you. Please contact us with any requests.
If you would like to treat yourself before or after your grand adventure, we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend some places for a touch of 5-star luxury in Marrakech.
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organising your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive in Marrakech
- Day 2: Morning site-seeing in Marrakech then afternoon transfer to Imlil (1740m) before trekking to a mountain home-stay in the village of Aremd (1945m)
- Day 3: Trek to Mt. Toubkal Base Camp (3207m)
- Day 4: Acclimatisation and day trek to Tizi n’Ouagane (3750m) then return to Base Camp
- Day 5: Ascent of Mt Toubkal (4167m) and back to Base Camp
- Day 6: Descend to Marrakech and celebration dinner
- Day 7: Depart Marrakech
Click on the arrows below to take a photographic journey around Marrakech and Mount Toubkal.
As always on our treks there is plenty of staff and we can accommodate everyone’s trekking pace. We appreciate that in a group there will be many different speeds of walker and we don’t ever want you to feel like you are holding up a group or being held up. Having plenty of guides and porters allow for us to change itineraries and pace easily and it is very easy to accommodate every trekker.
Past Trip Reports
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude
- 2 nights hotel/riad accommodation in Marrakesh
- Included meals: All meals from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 7
- Accommodation while trekking (camping in summer with large tents and thick mattresses and refuges in the winter
- Sufficient treated water
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- Private transportation for duration of tour
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- 1 fully qualified, English speaking, first aid trained Trekking Guide
- Mules for the transport of luggage and equipment
- Sufficient means of communication. Satellite phones can be rented on request for £10 per day.
- Guides will check in with our office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are an ABTA and ATOL bonded and insured, UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Trekking kit bag
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Small groups. No more than 12 people on a set departure trip
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with plenty of staff so you can walk at your own pace. We let you walk at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Guide for site-seeing, it is self exploration! Guide available on request.
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- International flights
- Tips to porters/drivers/local guides/restaurants etc
Travelling to Morocco
You will need a passport with 6-month’s validity. You may need to obtain a Moroccan visa depending on where your country of residence is. You will need to buy travel insurance for your trip which you can find out about here. You also need to visit your GP or travel health professional at least 4-6 weeks before your trip to check what vaccinations you need.
For more information about travelling safely and obtaining passports you can see more at the FCO know before you go Travel Aware Campaign.
Join us on a journey to the summit of mount Toubkal in the middle of winter
Groups: Private Treks and Group Tours
Charities, Schools, Military, Private Groups and Tailor Made Trips for Individuals
All our tours can be run privately for you and your group, from solo travellers to groups of over 50. We specialise in organising bespoke tours for groups of friends, charity challenges, school groups, mountaineering clubs, families, and countless others.
Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
We love working with charity challengers! We have our own charity (Share the Load Foundation) and are inspired by your determination to fundraise for worthy causes. That’s why we will do everything we can to help you achieve your goals during a charity challenge. We provide support from start to finish, including fundraising tips, training plans and the very best in-country support.
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Moroccan Lost Earth Adventure.
We are an Approved Military Contractor and provide many courses, expeditions and adventure training for groups of serving personnel and Cadets.
We understand honeymooners need a bit of champagne sparkle, some celebrations warrant the inclusion of heli-trekking and spa treatments, and that the very active relax with white-water rafting after summiting 6,000m peaks. Decades of research and our extensive in-country network mean anything is possible. Get in touch and we’ll start preparing your perfect adventure.
Information for group leaders & group discounts
Depending on your trip and number of participants, we can offer groups of 10 or more a complimentary place or a discount for all adventurers. Schools trips can benefit from free places for teachers, whilst we can discount rates for charity challenges. Contact us with your details and requirements and we will get a quote to you within one working day.
We also appreciate the effort it takes to coordinate a group of people so in exchange for your efforts, we will give group organisers of 10+ people a £150 Cotswold gift voucher; perfect for kitting yourself out ahead of your big adventure!
All group members receive a complimentary kit bag, t-shirt and a voucher code for 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor.
For Your Information
Health and safety and financial protection
At Lost Earth Adventures, health and safety is our top priority. All our trips are run to UK and international safety standards, and are proud to surpass these standards in many areas. We are an ABTA and ATOL bonded tour operator, ensuring your financial protection.
Full details of our policies and protections are available here.