Chisapani to Nagarkot Trekking Tour
A Taste of the Nepalese Himalaya
6 day bespoke and privately-run tour from £745
Be whisked away from the frantic streets of Kathmandu into true serenity on this short but sweet trek. Explore the Shivapuri National Park, authentic village life and spot the abundant wildlife; 300+ species of birds, langur monkeys, Asiatic bears, mongoose and the tiny Himalayan pika.
Perfect for families, first-time trekkers and those short on time, the Chisapani to Nagarkot trek features stunning vistas of the world’s greatest mountains, from Dorje Lakpa and Manaslu to Annapurna and Everest itself.
Take a closer look at this trek by downloading our Chisapani to Nagarkot Trek dossier.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Enjoy panoramic vistas from Chisapani
- Take in views from Nagarkot, including Mt. Everest
- Explore Chagunarayan Temple
- Discover the UNESCO Kathmandu Valley and Temples
- Soak in the native culture and authentic village life
- Spot an abundance of birds and wildlife
- Enjoy Shivapuri National Park
- Trail head is only 1 hour away from Kathmandu
- Feel secure! This is a fully supported and well-organised expedition
Want more adventure? Combine this tour with one of our other trips or treks to Nepal for an outstanding 31-day holiday!
Privately guided tours
Prices excluding flights
Prices including flights
Extend your trip in Nepal
Check the departure dates of our other Nepal tours here. Book two trips for yourself and get 5% off the lower priced tour. We can also help arrange arriving earlier or departing later to maximise your stay in this wonderful place.
We don’t charge a single supplement fee for solo travellers. Prices are based on sharing a twin room with a member of the same sex or a travelling companion. You can stay in your own room for £220. This must be paid with the final balance.
Treat yourself to some lavish comfort before or after your grand adventure. We’re experts when it comes travelling in and around Nepal, so why not see our recommendations on the best 5-star hotels in Kathmandu?
Day Tours and Excursions
Explore holy temples, endearing hilltop villages or the exotic capital of Kathmandu. Seek out tranquility or adventure! From bungee jumping and white water rafting to scenic rambles into untouched monasteries! There’s always more to see in Nepal. Check out all our day trips and excursions.
Our itineraries are meticulously researched. They are designed to give you the most fun with ample time to relax. We take the hassle out of organising your trip so that you can soak up every ounce of your mesmerising adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 2: Visit the UNESCO Kathmandu Valley with tours of three temples
- Day 3: Drive to Sundarijal & trek to Chisapani (2,160m)
- Day 4: Trek from Chisopani to Nagarkot (2,175m) and stay at an exclusive mountaintop resort
- Day 5: Trek from Nagarkot to Dhulikhel (1,550m) & drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 6: Depart Kathmandu
Photos of Your Trekking Adventure
Click on the arrows below to take a photographic adventure through the Chisapani and Nagarkot region.
- 3 nights in hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- 1 night in an exclusive mountaintop resort in Nagarkot
- 1 night in teahouse accommodation
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- Meals: All meals while trekking. Breakfasts, welcome and farewell dinners in Kathmandu. There’s a wide selection of Western, Chinese and Nepalese dishes on offer, so we’ll let you decide what you eat each night
- Afternoon tea and biscuits while trekking
- Private transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise stated)
- Guided tour of the Kathmandu temples including all entrance fees and transport
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- One Fully qualified, first-aid-trained Trekking Guide
- Sufficient means of communication. Satellite phones can be rented on request for £10 per day.
- Guides will check in with our office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are an ABTA and ATOL bonded and insured, UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Trekking kit bag
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Map of Trekking Route
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s not included?
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy from $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- Tips to porters/local guide
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
Check out the full list of what’s included in this trek in our Chisapani to Nagarkot Trek dossier.
Travelling to Nepal
You’ll need a passport with 6-month’s validity as well as a Nepalese visa. The best way to obtain this is to buy it on entry to Nepal in any major currency but not Nepali Rupees. Typically, the cost is USD30 for 15 days.
You’ll also need travel insurance and you should visit your GP or a health professional at least 4-6 weeks before you travel to check which vaccinations you may need.
For more info on travelling safely and obtaining a visa, see the FCO Know Before You Go campaign.
- Read our comprehensive guide to travelling at high altitude.
What Our Guests Say
Groups: Private Treks and Group Tours
Charities, Schools, Military, Private Groups and Tailor Made Trips for Individuals
All our tours can be run privately for you and your group, from solo travellers to groups of over 50. We specialise in organising bespoke tours for groups of friends, charity challenges, school groups, mountaineering clubs, families, and countless others.
Please contact us with your details to receive a price within 24 hours.
We love working with charity challengers! We have our own charity (Share the Load Foundation) and are inspired by your determination to fundraise for worthy causes. That’s why we will do everything we can to help you achieve your goals during a charity challenge. We provide support from start to finish, including fundraising tips, training plans and the very best in-country support.
We believe that the best way for students to develop into global citizens ready to go and conquer the world is to get them out into it as soon as possible. We meticulously plan our itineraries to increase students’ independence and self-belief and develop a sense of social responsibility. UK safety standards and documentation for all activities and a 24 hour UK based operations centre ensure students’ safety and well-being on their Asian Lost Earth Adventure.
We are an Approved Military Contractor and provide many courses, expeditions and adventure training for groups of serving personnel and Cadets.
We understand honeymooners need a bit of champagne sparkle, some celebrations warrant the inclusion of heli-trekking and spa treatments, and that the very active relax with white-water rafting after summiting 6,000m peaks. Decades of research and our extensive in-country network mean anything is possible. Get in touch and we’ll start preparing your perfect adventure.
Information for group leaders & group discounts
Depending on your trip and number of participants, we can offer groups of 10 or more a complimentary place or a discount for all adventurers. Schools trips can benefit from free places for teachers, whilst we can discount rates for charity challenges. Contact us with your details and requirements and we will get a quote to you within one working day.
We also appreciate the effort it takes to coordinate a group of people so in exchange for your efforts, we will give group organisers of 10+ people a £150 Cotswold gift voucher; perfect for kitting yourself out ahead of your big adventure!
All group members receive a complimentary kit bag, t-shirt and a voucher code for 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor.
For Your Information
Health and safety and financial protection
At Lost Earth Adventures, health and safety is our top priority. All our trips are run to UK and international safety standards, and are proud to surpass these standards in many areas. We are an ABTA and ATOL bonded tour operator, ensuring your financial protection.
Full details of our policies and protections are available here.