Private Expedition for Anne ONeill
Trek through the Last Shangri La
21-Day Tailor Made Trekking Adventure for Ann O’Neill and friends
A land of intrigue and mystique, of yaks and yetis, and of the greatest mountain range in the world, the mighty Himalaya, Nepal is a country that will inspire and enchant! Hike to the majestic Langtang Valley, through spectacular alpine meadows, past raging glacial fed rivers, experiencing traditional Tamang culture along the way. Wander through the chaotic streets of Kathmandu and find calm and tranquility within the temples and monasteries. Nepal, a country of astounding natural beauty, and warm, hospitable people is truly the last Shangri-La.
For a full list of what is included download the Langtang Trekking dossier (PDF 0.6MB) Please note this is for our standard 15 day itinerary but it will give you a good idea of what to expect.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Trek into the secluded and beautiful Langtang Valley
- Hike up 5000m peaks with an experienced Western guide
- See 4 of the world’s 8000m mountains
- Watch the sunset on the mystical Gosainkunda Lakes
- Enjoy the pristine untouched nature and changing landscapes of the Helambu
- Experience traditional Tamang culture
- The UNESCO Kathmandu Valley and Temples
- Fly amongst giants in a spectacular Mt. Everest scenic flight
- 4×4 Jeep trip into the Himalayas
- A fully supported and well-organised expedition
- Part of The Great Himalaya Trail
Dates and Prices
*This price includes everything up until the morning of day 20. Depending on how long you want to stay I will adjust the price. Each extra night in the hotel will be £25 per person. The hotel will be the Nirvana Garden
Allow £550-700 for return flights from London or Manchester.
We accept foreign payments, please click here for details.
There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday.
For a complete list of what’s included and what’s not included please see the Trek to the Last Shangri La Dossier (PDF 0.6MB). Please note this is for our standard 15 day itinerary but it will give you a good idea of what to expect.
For all of your flying requirements please click here.
If you are coming on a second or third tour you will get a loyalty discount of 5%
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
We do not impose ‘local payments’ or have any hidden charges. We charge an extra 3.5% if paying by credit card but there is no charge for BACS, cheque or cash payments. There is a guaranteed ‘no price increase’ in the trip price after you have paid your deposit.
If you want to arrive early or depart later then we can arrange accommodation, activities and transport for you. Please contact us with any requests.
If you would like all food to be included whilst trekking then there is an extra charge of £300. This does not include food whilst in Kathmandu apart from breakfast and the welcome and farewell dinners. We have decided to not include all-inclusive meals in our itineraries. The food in Nepal is incredible and we believe that you should be given the opportunity to discover the local cuisine. Kathmandu and Pokhara are a food lover’s paradise with the options being varied and plentiful.
If you like to indulge and treat yourself every now and then (and who doesn’t?) we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend the following hotels for a touch of 5 star luxury in Kathmandu.
Activities mentioned in the itinerary though not included in the total price are readily available in the places we visit. Your tour leader can help you arrange these.
For optional excursions and tours to add to your trip please see our Nepal excursions page.
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organizing your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2: UNESCO Kathmandu Valley 3 temples tour
- Day 3: 4×4 Jeep trip through the Himalayas.
- Day 4-7: Trek into the beautiful and remote Langtang Valley.
- Day 8-10: Kiangin Gompa. Hike a 5000m peak, walk to the base of Langtang Lirung, step foot on cascading glaciers, or go in search of the elusive yeti!
- Day 11-18: Kiangin Gompa to Kathmandu via Gosainkunda Lakes and Helambu allowing plenty of time to rest, acclimatize and climb various peaks en-route.
- Day 19: Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 20-21: Visit Durbar Square in the heart of Kathmandu, ride through the streets in a cycle rickshaw, bargain for saris and scarves and explore our favourite city! Or we can arrange many other excursions as relaxed or adventurous as you like!
Want More Adventure?
Explore the ancient city of Patan or experience a breathtaking Everest mountain flight! See what else you can add to your trip here.
Click on the arrows to enjoy a photographic adventure through the Langtang
We trek into a fairly remote part of Nepal at higher altitudes than you are probably used to. There are a variety of steep ascents and descents, and we sometimes trek for up to 6-9 hours per day depending on the chosen route. As with most things a certain degree of fitness will make this trip more enjoyable. We can have at least 4 rest days on this trek or instead have the options to either break up days to make shorter or use the extra days to climb more peaks. The great thing with this itinerary is that we will use a couple of villages as a base and do side trips. This means that the more energetic people can go off and bag some peaks and still meet up with the rest of the group in the evening. With this itinerary I see no reason why we’d split the group for more than a day at a time and am very confident that the whole party will complete the trek together.
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- 15 nights teahouse accommodation during trek
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- All transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters and support staff to carry luggage
- Thuraya satellite phone (to be used for organising logistics and in emergencies)
- Guides will check in daily with our UK office to get regular bespoke weather updates and confirm locations
- Financial protection: we are a fully bonded and insured UK based tour operator
- Pre-departure support and advice by email, phone and face to face meetings in York if you would like. After booking with us we will send you a highly informative and comprehensive trip information pack
- Remote medical support from specialist doctors
- Fully Qualified, First Aid trained Western Leader
- 1 English speaking local guide
- Meals as described in the dossier (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=Dinner).
- Guided tour of the 3 temples of Kathmandu
- Map of the Langtang Valley
- We don’t force a fast or slow pace. Our teams are supported with two leaders so you can walk at your own pace. We let you walk at the pace that is right for you.
- Our guides and porters are paid fairly, properly equipped and fully insured for rescue and medical emergencies
- Trekking kit bag
- Photo book
- If you’d like to meet some of our team and experience our services beforehand you can join us on one of our UK adventures.
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Airport transfers taken outside of the itinerary’s arrival and departure dates
- Nepalese visa (Available to buy for $30 USD on arrival in Nepal)
- International flights
- Scenic Everest mountain flight or any extras
- Tips to porters/local guide
What Our Guests Say
Trekking in the Langtang Valley