Journey to the Top of the World
Adventure Holiday Beyond the Beaten Path in Nepal
Multi-Activity Tour Runs Sunday to Saturday, 14 days
Experience the majesty of the Himalayas, the world’s greatest mountain range and the thrill of rafting its wildest rivers. Explore the medieval city squares, holy temples, secret lakes and hidden valleys. Stimulate your senses as you taste authentic Nepalese cuisine, interacting with spice sellers and merchants. Escape the chaos of the city, feeling the wind on your back and the warmth of the sun as you bike through back-roads and less oft visited villages. Soar to great heights paragliding on the doorstep of the Himalayas. Immerse yourself in the untamed landscapes and wilderness of this magical land, discovering the hospitality and welcoming hearts of the Nepalese. Nepal, with its spectacular landscape, incredible adventure and endearing culture will captivate your soul and leave you yearning for more!
IMPORTANT: All activities on this tour require no previous experience and although included, are optional. Please see the info section below for this trip’s grading.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Raft the Sun Kosi – one of the world’s top 10 white water rafting rivers!
- Kayak right from the door of your beach tent
- Outstanding views of the Himalaya’s
- The UNESCO Kathmandu Valley and Temples
- Paraglide with the Annapurna Massif as your backdrop
- Off-the-beaten track mountain biking in the Himalayan foothills
- Release your inner Tarzan at the Tibetan border!
- The opportunity to see 8 of the 8000m peaks, including Mt. Everest!
- Stay in a beautifully restored Newari mansion overlooking the Himalaya
None – All activities on this tour require no previous experience and although included, are optional. Lost Earth Adventures provides all instruction, equipment and plenty of staff, as well as entertaining alternatives to planned activities. Please see the info section above for this trip’s grading.
Dates and Prices
Allow £550-700 for return flights from London or Manchester. For all of your flying requirements please click here.
We accept foreign payments, please click here for details.
Runs Sunday – Saturday, 14 days
There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday. For a complete list of what’s included and what’s not included please see the Journey to the Top of the World Dossier (PDF 0.6MB).
This trip is guaranteed to run with a minimum of 4 people
Deposit of £150 secures your place on the trip and the balance is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Monthly payment plans can be set up on request. If you book less than 60 days before the start of the trip then the full amount is due immediately.
We can run this tour as a private trip at any time you like as long as there is a minimum of 4 people in your group. We also have set departures so you can join with a tour on the dates listed below. The best time to travel to Nepal is from March to May and October to December. Contact Us for more information.
|Tour Dates 2013 – 2014||Date||Availabilty|
|Journey to the Top of the World||13 April 2014||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Journey to the Top of the World||18 May 2014||Limited Space – Call Us||BOOK NOW|
|Journey to the Top of the World||28 September 2014||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
How do I get a discount?
The more people you book at the same time the more of a discount you will get. 4 people you get 5% off. Then you get another percent off for every person above that. So, for 5 people you would get 6% discount, 6 people 7% and so on. If you are coming on a second or third tour you will get a loyalty discount of 5%
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
We do not impose ‘local payments’ or have any hidden charges. There is a guaranteed ‘no price increase’ in the trip price after you have paid your deposit.
Extend your trip in Nepal by 2 more weeks
Check the departure dates of our other Nepal tours here. Get a 5% discount off of the lower priced tour when you book two trips for yourself!
We don’t charge a single supplement fee if you’re a solo traveler. Our prices are based on staying in twin share rooms with a member of the same sex or your travelling companion. If you wish to stay in your own room there will be a £120 charge for this trip. In some circumstances single rooms may not be available for example when we are at the river camp there is a limited amount of tents. We will always try to meet your requirements. The £120 must be paid with the final balance.
If you want to arrive early or depart later then we can arrange accommodation and transport for you. Please contact us with any requests.
If you would like to treat yourself before or after your grand adventure, we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend the following hotels for a touch of 5-star luxury in Kathmandu.
The bikes we use on this adventure are Giant ATX and Talons with decent front suspension forks. If you wish to rent a full suspension mountain bike then we have Giant Trance X and Anthems available to rent for an extra £650. This includes the bike for the full duration of the biking part of the tour and the £65 must be paid with the trip deposit to reserve the bike.
Want More Adventure?
Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary though not included in the total price are readily available in the places we visit. Your tour leader can help you arrange these. From scenic flights and canyon swings to scenic rambles and hidden gems why not extend your trip to make it truly a unique and once in a lifetime trip!
Continue reading about Nepal day tours and side trips.
Click here for more information on Nepal.
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organising your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu.
- Day 2: Tour of the UNESCO listed 3 temples of Kathmandu.
- Day 3: Depart for the lakeside town of Pokhara in the foothills of the spectacular Annapurnas!
- Day 4-6: Cross-country mountain biking around Pokhara. Discover secret lakes and hidden villages.
- Day 7: Paraglide in Pokhara or hire a boat and relax on the calm waters of Phewa Tal.
- Day 8-9: Experience traditional Newari culture and outstanding mountain views in Bandipur whilst staying in a beautifully restored Newari mansion.
- Day 10: Raft the wild rapids of the Sun Kosi, considered to be one of the top 10 rafting rivers in the world.
- Day 11: Kayak down some of the warmest waters in Nepal – perfect for novices and the expert paddler!
- Day 12-13: Canyoning 12km from the Tibetan border and the option to do the world’s 3rd highest bungee jump.
- Day 14: Depart for home.
This trip is considered to be moderate. While mountain biking there is a mixture of downhill, cross-country and some hill climbing, though the terrain covered is not very technical. For more advanced riders there are options for more technically demanding riding. Mountain biking is fully supported with luggage drop off at our accommodation. You will only have to carry a small day-pack with you.
If you feel like you’d benefit from a little mountain bike coaching from a qualified instructor here in the UK before going out on the big trip we will give you a complimentary place on one of our skills courses in Yorkshire or the Peak District when you book this tour with us.
We only raft with highly skilled professionals, certified in swift water rescue. In fact, we’re proud to say that we raft with some of the world’s most experienced guides! We are outfitted in the best safety equipment. However, you must be comfortable and able to swim in water above head height. As with most things, a certain degree of fitness will make this trip more enjoyable. No previous experience is needed for any of the activities offered on this holiday.
- 8 nights guest house accommodation in Kathmandu/Pokhara/Bandipur
- Entrance fees and guided tour of the 3 temples of Kathmandu
- 2 nights accommodation in riverside camp
- 2 nights guest house accommodation (while cycling)
- 1 night accommodation in luxury safari tents
- Meals as detailed in trip dossier (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=Dinner)
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- Private transportation for duration of tour (unless otherwise specified)
- 3-days mountain biking (including bike and helmet rental and local guide/mechanic)
- 1-day white water rafting
- 1-day Kayaking with coaching
- Half day canyoning (gorge walking)
- 2 Fully Qualified, First Aid trained Western Leaders
- 1 English speaking local guide
- Map of your cycle route through the Himalaya
- Fully insured and bonded UK tour operator
- Photo book
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Nepalese visa
- International flights
- Scenic Everest mountain flight
- Any activity mentioned on day 12 & 13 of itinerary apart from the canyoning
- Tips to local guides
Though these activities are not included in our tour price, Lost Earth Adventures can help you arrange them.
- Scenic Mt. Everest Flight
- Bungy Jump or Canyon Swing
- Extra Bungy or Swing
- Click here to book these activities and side trips.
- Hotel Upgrade
Video of what you’ll experience on your adventure holiday of a lifetime to Nepal