Manaslu Circuit Trek
Tea House Trekking Along Part of the Great Himalayan Trail
16 days (18 day itinerary available on request)
Experience the majestic beauty of the Manaslu Massif in this remote mountain trek. Hike along an ancient salt-trading route along the wild rapids of the Bhuri Gandhaki River and discover the splendour of pine, bamboo and rhododendron forests. Traverse mani walls, explore monasteries and gain insight into a culturally fascinating region. Trek over a breathtaking high mountain pass, walk over glacial terrain and discover why Manaslu, the 8th highest peak in the world is known as the mountain of the spirit.
This remote mountain haven and conservation area is home to the endangered snow leopard and was only opened to trekkers in 1992. The route has only just become available to do as a teahouse trek and is part of The Great Himalayan Trail. A spectacular alternative to the Annapurna Circuit or Khumbu region, the dramatic landscape of the Manaslu Circuit is a trek truly off the beaten track.
Welcome to Nepal, let the adventure begin!
- Part of The Great Himalaya Trail
- Trek to Manaslu Base Camp
- Circumnavigating Manaslu (8156m) – the 8th highest mountain in the world
- A culturally fascinating region with Tibetan and Gurung influences
- Fully supported teahouse trekking
- Spectacular mountain views and the high pass, Larkya La (5125m)
- A superb trek that is truly off the beaten path, featuring a diverse and impressive array of flora, fauna and cultivated land
Dates and Prices
We accept foreign payments, please click here for details.
There are no other hidden costs. This is the full amount of your holiday.
For a complete list of what’s included and what’s not included please see the Manaslu Circuit dossier.
For all of your flying requirements please click here.
Deposit of £150 secures your place on the trip and the balance is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Monthly payment plans can be set up on request. If you book less than 60 days before the start of the trip then the full amount is due immediately.
We can run this trip at any time you like as long as there is a minimum of 2 people. Alternatively you can join one of the set departures on the dates below. The best times of the year for this trekking expedition are between October-December and March-May.
|Tour Dates 2013 – 2014||Date||Trip Status|
|Manaslu Circuit Trek||30 March 2013||Full||BOOK NOW|
|Manaslu Circuit Trek||04 May 2013||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Manaslu Circuit Trek||09 November 2013||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Manaslu Circuit Trek||08 March 2014||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Manaslu Circuit Trek||05 April 2014||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Manaslu Circuit Trek||26 April 2014||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Manaslu Circuit Trek||27 September 2014||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Manaslu Circuit Trek||11 October 2014||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
|Manaslu Circuit Trek||08 November 2014||Guaranteed||BOOK NOW|
How do I get a discount?
The more people you book at the same time the more of a discount you will get. 4 people you get 5% off. Then you get another percent off for every person above that. So, for 5 people you would get 6% discount, 6 people 7% and so on.
If you are coming on a second or third tour you will get a loyalty discount of 5%
Will there be any surcharges or price changes?
We do not impose ‘local payments’ or have any hidden charges. We charge an extra 3% if paying by credit card but there is no charge for BACS, cheque or cash payments. There is a guaranteed ‘no price increase’ in the trip price after you have paid your deposit.
Follow the Great Himalayan Trail and Trek to the Langtang Valley
Why not extend your trip to include another breathtaking section of the Great Himalayan Trail by joining our guided treks to the fascinating Langtang Valley and holy Gosainkund Lakes? We have both fixed and flexible departure dates and the trek can be done before or after the Manaslu Circuit.
Extend your trip in Nepal by 2 more weeks
Check the departure dates of our other Nepal tours here. Get a 5% discount off of the lower priced tour when you book two trips for yourself!
We don’t charge a single supplement fee if you’re a solo traveler. Our prices are based on staying in twin share rooms with a member of the same sex or your travelling companion. If you wish to stay in your own room there will be a £75 charge for this trip. In some circumstances single rooms may not be available for example when we stay in the tea houses there is limited accommodation. We will always try to meet your requirements. The £75 must be paid with the final balance.
If you want to arrive early or depart later then we can arrange accommodation and transport for you. Please contact us with any requests.
If you would like all food to be included for the entire tour then there is an extra charge of £240. This includes dinner on the day you arrive until breakfast on the day you depart.
If you like to indulge and treat yourself every now and then (and who doesn’t?) we are more than happy to arrange alternative accommodation. We also appreciate how lovely a little bit of lavish comfort can be when you are away from home and can recommend the following hotels for a touch of 5 star luxury in Kathmandu.
Want More Adventure?
Explore holy temples or endearing hilltop villages, discover the exotic capital, or seek out nature and tranquility in the beautiful Himalayan landscape. From bungee jumping and white water rafting to scenic rambles and hidden gems why not extend your trip to make it truly a unique and once in a lifetime trip! Continue reading about Nepal day tours and side trips.
Itinerary and Route
All of our itineraries are meticulously researched and well planned. They are designed to give you the most amounts of fun and excitement, whilst also giving you ample time to relax. Lost Earth Adventures takes the hassle out of organizing your trip, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your adventure!
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2: 4×4 Jeep to Soti Khola (800m)
- Day 3: Soti Khola to Machha Khola (890m) Trek along the Bhuri Gandaki River on an ancient salt trading route
- Day 4: Machha Khola to Jagat (1410m) Trek into a gorge, with jungle and langur monkeys high above the trail
- Day 5: Jagat to Deng (1800m) Continue through terraced fields, bamboo forests and into the Nupri
- Day 6: Deng to Namrung (2660m) Pass along intricately hand carved mani walls and colourful rhododendrons
- Day 7: Namrung to Lho Gham (3180m) Trek into the alpine and see spectacular views of Manaslu and Manaslu North
- Day 8: Lho Gham to Samagaon (3530m) A short day through a splendid gully or for a more challenging option we can walk to Pungyen Gompa en-route to Samagaon.
- Day 9: Samagaon (rest day) Trek to Manaslu Base Camp or Pungyen Gompa and Birendra Tal.
- Day 10: Samagaon to Samdo (3860)m A village with 3 valleys converging upon it, known for its yak herding.
- Day 11: Samdo to Larkya Phedi (4480m) Pass along a glacier to a dramatic gorge
- Day 12: Larkya Phedi to Bimthang (3720m) – climb the Larkya La (5100m) A challenging day over the high Larkya La
- Day 13: Bimthang to Tilje (2300m) Outstanding views of Manaslu, inspiring forest and the valley below
- Day 14: Tilje – Chamche (1410m) Descend into the Marsygandi Valley, meeting up with the classic Annapurna Trail
- Day 15: Jeep drive to Kathmandu a private jeep back to the capital
- Day 16: Depart Kathmandu
If you have a late flight why not…
Explore the ancient city of Patan or experience a breathtaking Everest mountain flight!
See a more detailed itinerary for this trek.
Many thanks to Oleg Bartunov and Samir Jung Thapa from the Great Himalaya Trail Development Programme for some of these outstanding photographs.
The Manaslu Circuit is considered to be moderate/demanding. We trek into a fairly remote part of Nepal at higher altitudes than you are probably used to. There are a variety of steep ascents and descents, and we sometimes trek for up to 8 hours per day. As with most things a certain degree of fitness will make this trip more enjoyable.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- 13 nights teahouse accommodation during trek
- Airport transfers to and from the airport on the first and last day
- All transportation for duration of tour
- Entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters for trekking through Manaslu and Annapurna National Parks
- 1 fully qualified, English speaking local guide
- Meals as described in the dossier (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=Dinner)
- Map of the route
- Photo book
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature (drinks, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Nepalese visa
- International flights
- Scenic Everest mountain flight
- Tips to porters/local guide
Trekking the Manaslu Circuit